His blue eyes wandered to the man that stood at the large frosted window, peering out to the academy that was at war not long ago. Shiro glanced down as he thought back to that night ten years ago after they found Emi.

____________________________________

"You're crazy," Shiro whispered as he sat at the dinner table with his wife, Risa. It was late in the night and the house was quiet. He and his wife sat together in the kitchen discussing the vampire child that rested in the room on the other side of the large home.

"What else is there to do?! I'm not going to just kick her out." Risa argued back quietly. "I know you hate vampires, but she's just a child. I found her almost dead in the snow! She probably lost her family and everything. What is she was turned into a vampire against her own will? You're being too paranoid."

"But we have no idea who she is! And if she was turned into a vampire, then she could lapse into a Level E any day! Of course, I'm going to be paranoid!" Shiro spoke up, but Risa shushed him to let him know he's being too loud. He let out a sigh and slumped into his chair, his mind racing with thoughts about the events that happened a few days ago. Risa's expression went soft as she gently grabbed her husband's warm hand that rested on the table.

"Look... I know this is sudden... You have every right to be paranoid considering what happened back then... But like you said, we don't know who she is. Let us wait until we have the answers... Please, Shiro..." His wife pleaded, trying to reassure that it will be okay. Shiro stayed silent and conflict begun to fill his mind once again, but it was soon shattered when a knock came from the front door in the other room. Shiro stood up and quickly made his way to the door and opened it.

"Took you long enough, Kaien."

The Headmaster stepped inside and took his large trench coat and scarf off, feeling relief from the warm air in the house.

"Forgive me, I had serious matters I had to take care of before coming." Kaien gave a smile and placed his coat and scarf on the coat hanger.

"Oh! Welcome, Mr. Cross!" Risa came in the room with a greeting smile. Kaien returned a cheerful smile and greeted back.

"Kaien... We need to talk about the girl." Shiro brought up the reason why he invited Kaien a few days ago. Kaien glanced back with a serious look and nodded.

"Ah. Let me make some hot chocolate. It must be freezing outside!" Risa offered as she made her way back into the kitchen, Shiro and Kaien followed behind. 

"That would be lovely, Risa. Thank you!" He replied cheerfully as Shiro led him the dining room table and took a seat across from each other.

"So Shiro, I heard you took a few days off. Who is this girl you speak of?" Kaien started with a serious look. He looked as if he had a hunch of who they were going to speak of, but he wanted to confirm.

"A few nights ago... My wife was coming back from visiting an herbal office in town. But, on her way home, she found a little girl in the snow and brought her home. The thing is... she was covered in blood and... she's a vampire." Shiro began in a quiet tone as he leaned forward on the table. " I'm worried about what we're dealing with right now..." He admitted as Kaien listened and stayed silent for a moment.

 "...Did she tell you her name?" He asked, his eyes filled with the look of worry and curiosity.

"She told us 'Emi'. That's all." Shiro answered back immediately, noticing Kaiens reaction when he heard the name. The headmaster's eyes widen slightly as he sat up straight in his chair.