PROLOGUE

*Portland, Oregon. May 9th 1994*

KAI

"Josette, where are they?" I called out into the dark. I passed the spot where I'd left her, the chip in the floorboards the only evidence of the knife which had pierced through her abdomen, along with a small pool of blood.

"Tsk, you've made such a mess," I said, as my eyes caught the few drops of blood leading into our parents bedroom. I dragged the baseball bat I was carrying through the blood as I walked along the hallway. A smile grew across my face as I realised I had her cornered.

"Come on out, Jo. You know I won't kill you. I need you."

I heard shuffling as I entered the room, but couldn't see anyone. I rolled my eyes at my sister's predictability.

"Really Jo? Hiding under the bed," I scoffed, "I thought my numerous triumphs at hide and seek would've taught you better than that."

I took my time approaching the bed, hearing small 'shh' noises coming from underneath

I took my time approaching the bed, hearing small 'shh' noises coming from underneath. I lifted the bed suddenly, revealing a pale, bleeding Jo but no signs of my younger siblings.

"Where are they?" I demanded. I heard them here just a second ago, I'm sure of it. Jo's eyes flickered towards the wardrobe and I smirked as I made my way towards it. I threw open the doors finding it completely empty of anything but my parents clothes.

"AAAARGHH" I cried out in fury, kicking the doors in anger, breaking through the tough wood. As I heard a small shriek it dawned on me. I turned to Jo who was still sobbing on the floor next to the flipped bed.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!"When Jo failed to answer I kicked her hard in the stomach, right where her spleen used to be. She screamed in pain but gave me no answer. I heard movement behind me and turned.

"Run!" I heard Jo shout as I saw Lucas and Olivia appear from under the cloaking spell and run out of the room, before I chased after them.

"Olivia? Lukas? Come out, come out, wherever you are." I called out, stepping onto the porch.

"Stop! I'll do it. I'll merge with you. Just don't hurt anyone else." I heard Jo cry out from behind me.

"Now that's what I like to hear."

...

*May 10th 1994*

Jo looks into my eyes as I stare at her excitedly. I can't believe it. Finally, we're going to merge and I'm going to have magic of my own. At least a dozen of our coven members surround us in a large circle. Well, it's now or never.

"The power of the eclipse will merge us as one. You know what to say?" Jo asks. As if I wouldn't know what to do.

I roll my eyes and smirk, "Been practicing my whole life."

I took Jo's hands in mine as we closed our eyes and began the chant.

"Sanguinem desimilus. Sanguinem generis fiantus. Sanguinem desimilus. Sanguinem generis fiantus."

Nothing happened. I opened my eyes and looked at Jo, who was staring right back at me.

"I don't feel anything." I said, puzzled. Jo gave me an innocent shrug, before closing her eyes and reaching for my hands again. Maybe we need to chant louder?

"Sanguinem desimilus. Sanguinem generis fiantus." I reopen my eyes when I realise I'm chanting alone. Jo is looking at me, unsurprised. A heavy feeling begins to form at the bottom of my stomach as anger bubbles up inside of me. She knows exactly why this isn't working.

"Josette, what did you do? Why can't I feel your magic? And why aren't they saying anything? They should be saying something. They should be saying something, right? We're merging. This should all be a bigger deal."

Suddenly our Dad appears holding a strange small metal object in his outstretched hand. He stepped forward from the circle of the coven around us and began a different spell, one I'd never heard before.

"Sanguinem filio, sanguinem effurgarex perpetuum. Sanguinem filio, sanguinem effurgarex perpetuum"

I cried out in pain dropping to my knees as my dad continued to chant. I felt as though every inch of my skin was on fire.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I managed to croak out as I lay on the ground, feeling as though I was pinned down. I didn't receive an answer as my fathers chanting grew fainter and I let out a small whimper before darkness consumed me.

.....................................................................

Soooo I hope that didn't suck lol.
If you watch TVD you'll probably understand that but if not don't worry it'll all be explained in later chapters, stick with me lmao

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked this little prologue thing👍🏻