4.1

Chapter Fifteen:

Emblym woke up, looking around wildly. She didn't recognize where she was. She summoned her knife, and sat up straight, her heart pounding and head thrumming. The voices were screaming, upset for being ignored for so long, and it wasn't helping her panic. Someone must've injected her with something to make her sleep, she never slept. Where was she?

Emblym looked around. There was a small dresser, a window, and two separate doors at the end of her room. "Miss Emblym," Emblym jumped, looking around for whatever spoke. "It seems you have awoken. Would you like me to contact Master Stark?"

"What?" She said, confused and angry. Master Stark?

Then, it clicked. Steve brought her away from the asylum. She must've been in the Tower, then. Okay... Yeah, that made sense, okay...

"Oh..." She breathed, leaning back on the bed. "Yeah... Okay... Sure, go ahead, disembodied voice."

"Alright." Then, the room was silent, which only accented the voices in her head.

How dare you forget about us!?

Die! Die! Blood! Kill!!

Off with your head!

So hot! I want to die! Kill me! Kill me!

Embylm groaned, moving to stand up. She summoned her knife and began to throw it, bring it back just before it reached the wall. "Please, quiet down," She said calmly, but the dead queens were relentless.

'You leave us here to suffer! To die!! How dare you!' They accused, angrily.

"You didn't help me when I was being tortured!" Emblym snapped back, angrily, and the voices quieted, thinking about this. Emblym curled her lip, disgusted. "Yeah, uh-huh, you know you're wrong." She threw the knife a but harsher.

'The blood! We loved the blood,' They said and Emblym scoffed.

"And if I died, what would happen!?" Emblym snapped angrily. "Huh!?" Nobody responded to her anger and she huffed, crossing her arms, summoning her knife back. "Look, we have to work together, alright? Now that Hatter is gone, what happens it I die? Is it over? I want to save Wonderland, just like he wanted us to. So, we have to work together in order to do so."

Emblym began throwing her knife again, and just as she did, the bedroom door opened. Emblym's knife was mere inches from Tony's face before she summoned it back to her hand.

Tony jumped, his eyes wide and panicked. "Sorry," Emblym said and put her knife away.

"Can you not throw that thing around like that!?" Tony snapped, furious. "What if you took out my eye?!"

"Then, you can get an eyepatch," Emblym replied, twisting her knife. "Anything I can help you with?"

"JARVIS told me you were awake. I came up to see if you wanted some food. But, it looks like you'd rather eat my eyeball than some pancakes." Embylm rolled her eyes, and he watched her hands. "You hands are fully healed, then?"

"Well," Emblym stretched her fingers, twisting them carefully. "I'm still sore, but they work, so that's good. The hat did its trick."

Tony rose an eyebrow, "The hat?" Emblym nodded, summoning the hat and placing it on her head. "Where does that thing even go?"

"Don't know," Emblym replied honestly. "Maybe it has the same functions as my knife."

"Speaking of your knife," Tony said, leaning forward and smiling. "While you're here, so you mind if I take a look at your knife? Try it against a few things, you know?"