1.2

Chapter Two:

Emblym laid in her bed, bored. They sent her to an insane asylum for murdering the woman until she was able to be rehabilitated or until she turned eighteen, whichever came first.

Emblym was also put in a straitjacket at all times due to her tendency to get... Stabby. She usually kept her knife on her since she wasn't really able to part from it. She had usual meet-ups with her psychiatrist, Janice, who helped her with her feelings, teaching her to talk through them instead of using violence.

Janice explained how her psychosis was quite bad, and was probably causing her to develop anger-management issues. She gave Emblym exercises to do when she felt agitated or 'stabby'.

Emblym didn't like it — she didn't like Janice either. She tried to stab her, rip out her throat and paint with the woman's blood, but the guard stopped her.  Emblym thrashed, trying to get out, but due to her contained arms and the man's weight, she was forced to lie limp and glare at the woman.

Janice bent down to her level, "Now, Emblym, that is exactly how you are not to react. Remember your exercises, in, count to ten, out. Breathing is the first step, then it's thinking it out."

The voices screamed at the woman, demanding her head, and for once, she listened. Emblym managing to get a hand free. She used her knife to cut through the fabric of the cloth and it sliced like butter. Her hand plunged into the woman's gut, causing blood to spurt out of her stomach. Emblym tried to move it, and cut we throat, she just wanted to see the blood, she need to see the blood.

The man gripped her hand, making her drop the knife. He called for more help as he pushed a needle into her throat, sedating Emblym. More men and women ran in, one with a first-aid kit, tending to Janice's knife wound. Emblym felt the strength run out of her body as the sedative took hold of her, but she managed to laugh. She cackled as the woman was taken out of the room, hands pressed to the wound. Emblym laughed long as hard until her eyes finally shut.

♠️♣️♥️♦️

Emblym wasn't allowed to see her psychiatrist anymore. She wasn't allowed to see anyone, really. She sat on her bed, the white jacket that bounded her arms made them ache, but she didn't care. The voices did this to her, they turned her into this mad monster, and she hated it. She threw fits, screaming and crying in her room, demanding that someone would take them out — take her out. Kill her, so she could rid herself of the voices that invaded her mind.

But nobody came, not for four years. She was fed of course — someone came in to feed her while she was locked on the bed. They didn't trust her to move with someone else in the room, not after the shrink incident.

Emblym twisted and turned on her worn mattress. She hadn't slept, not since she could remember. The voices just loved to talk, as they talked for hours — days, even — and allowed her no rest. Emblym had gotten used to it, just listening as a few bickered back and forth, or while they screamed and she was forced to endure the pain.

Emblym laid there, her thoughts wandering to her last days with her parents. They yelled at her. They were so disappointed, who would've thought that their beloved daughter could become a murderer. She was quite the burden to them now, and even bet that they had erased their lives of her.

The door opened and Emblym didn't even look up. They were early for her dinner, was something going on? "You have a visitor," The woman told Emblym, perking her interests.

"Is today April first?" Emblym inquired, staring at the ceiling.

The woman let out a scoff, "I wish it were a joke too. Get up."