Chapter 5 - Awkward Arrival

Once Gidget arrived, Bella pulled up behind her. She was clearly happy, even though she was also annoyed that Jayleen hated Bob. They walked up to the tall white door and Gidget hesitated to knock so Bella did it for her.

"Hi!" Collin chirped as he slowly opened the door. Jayleen was standing in the hallway behind them, smiling. She didn't usually around Gidget but always around Bella. Gidget always just thought it was because she was disappointed in her for having a future with Bob but she didn't care. Bella was Jayleen's favourite meanwhile Gidget was kind of Collin's favourite. He didn't exactly have one but he disagreed on things with Jayleen when she was 'disappointed' in Gidget.

"Hi," Gidget awkwardly replied. She stood with her arms folded and a half smile on her face. Bella jumped straight inside while Gidget just took one step up then walked in. She looked like she was cringing but she wasn't really.

The 4 of them walked into the living room where they all sat on the 2 couches that were opposite each other. It took them a while but eventually, they started talking. "We've never really done this before, considering that Gidget, you'd always lock yourself in your room when you were younger!" Jayleen laughed, though, she was a little mad. "Well, I wasn't the most social person so so-rry but I didn't really enjoy people!" Gidget shouted. "And I'm still not that social! Well I am but I don't talk a lot!"

Everyone sat in an awkward silence again until Collin finally said "You know what? How about I get us some lunch!" So he walked into the kitchen and came out a few minutes later with sandwiches with different varieties like jam sandwiches, ham sandwiches, cheese sandwiches and salad sandwiches. There was 4 of each so they could have one of each. He also brought in a glass of lemonade each. They sat talking for a while then they got bored and watched TV.