Friday, June 13 2014

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

bismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

6/13/14

Last week, I heard someone say "how many times did we open and read Quran?"

And I didn't have anything to say. We all know that we care more about our Facebook status and wattpad comments more than what's written in the Quran. We don't pay attention on the stories of the Quran. And to be honest, Quran's stories are much interesting than all these worldly ones.

One time, I was bored and I was asking my mom about a good story to read. She said "go read Quran."

I told her I wanted to read a story and so she told me Quran is filled with stories. Choose one. Then I told her I wanted to read something interesting, something about someone's life. And then she said read about the Prophets' life.

Then I told her, I wanted to read something with adventure. So she told me that the Prophet SAW's life was filled with adventure.

And then after that, I didn't have anything to say. My mom won the battle and I went and read surah Noor. (My favorite surah of all time)

Quran is the perfect book. It has stories, it has lessons and it has wise advices for us. Honestly, if we really understood everything in it, we would be in the best condition right now. May ALLAH have mercy on us and make us among the ones who prosper. Ameen.

Jummah Mubarak!