ii. dangerous road

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚
*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚
+*:ꔫ:*﹤ 𝙶𝚆𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙻𝚈𝙽 ﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚
.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER TWO ━ dangerous road

CHAPTER TWO dangerous road

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GWENDOLYN

SAM WAS COOKING DINNER THAT NIGHT WHILE SMOKING HIS PIPE. Frodo was resting against a tree while I was walking around camp, trying to see if there were any potential dangers.

"Gwenny, come sit with me," Frodo said, patting the spot beside him. "We're still in the Shire. I'm sure we'll be fine."

No, I'll—" I stopped abruptly when my ears caught the sound ethereal music. I felt like being struck by lightning. Somehow, it sounded familiar. Almost as if I belonged there.

A hand was placed on mine and I snapped out of my thoughts to see that Frodo was standing in front of me. He was eyeing me worriedly.

"What do you hear?"

"The song—I—" I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to tell him how I felt.

"What song? I don't—" He was cut short when the music became louder.

"Let's go and take a look!" Frodo exclaimed, before dashing off up the hill.

Almost automatically, Sam and I followed him up the hill. The three of us laid behind a fallen tree trunk before peering over it to see a procession of elves, both on foot and on horse.

My lips parted. It was the first time in my entire life I had ever seen elves. They were beautiful, elegant, magnificent. Everything I was not. How could I possibly be part elf?

"They're going to the harbor beyond the White Towers," Frodo whispered, his blue eyes still fixed on the procession. "To the Grey Havens."

"They're leaving Middle Earth," Sam continued, whispering as well. "Never to return."

There was a silent pause as we stared at the elves.

"I don't know why . . . it makes me sad," Sam replied and I couldn't help but to agree with him. Seeing my people (at least half since I was a half-blood) leave these shores, I felt surprisingly lonely.