CHAPTER 33- I can't believe it

"Do you even listen to what I say?"

Wait.
What?

I swear when I heard the voice, it seemed as If I had just seen light through darkness- as if someone saved me from drowning.

"What?" I questioned as my constant hitting on the man's chest came to a halt.

"I promised, didn't I? I would never ever leave you, even if you beg me to."

As soon as he finished his sentence, I quickly hugged him tightly, which pretty much caught him off guard. My breathing was so fast and heavy that I could feel the pain inside my chest. My knees, even though I wasn't standing,  felt numb and weak..

"Never... Ever do that again to me. Please." Unknowingly, a tear escaped my eye.
Aiden's amused expression quickly changed to a panicked one.
"Bella.. I'm so sorry. It was just a prank. Please- Please don't cry." He said.

I vigorously nodded my head in affirmation and wiped the tear off and took in his warmth.

'Oh my God. 'I mumbled to myself.
Before he carried me back to the place where everyone was waiting, I put on my biggest smile and took deep breaths.

"Wait.. I- I thought you carried her on your back." Max said in confusion that ended with a slight chuckle..

"Change of positions with this pretty girl, huh." Aiden replied with a wink towards Max and the corners of my ears began to heat up
He placed me back on my feet which was followed by a round of applause.

After it all was done, the game continued and many people like Jose, Sean, Jessica, etc were given tasks like climbing a tree (which actually was a fail), standing on the lane all alone in the pitch dark emptiness for a lot of time and so on which added to the series of amusing events and memories.

After a long time, it was Aiden's turn. And he was dared by another one of Max's friend, Harry, who happened to be his friend too.

"Go ahead kiss the girl." The jerk said, pointing towards me. Everyone clapped for him because he was such a opportunist. Max survived last time but this guy, he surely had a death wish.

I covered my face with my hands and groaned in frustration. I looked back at Aiden and he was rubbing his eyes and laughing. I was sure that he too, like me, was tired of it.
"Come on, bruh." He mumbled.
"Last time you saved your ass, man." Harry winked at him and glanced at me through the corner of his eye momentarily.

I had nothing to say so I just sat there, with my hands placed on my head, looking at the ground. Everyone else was enjoying every minute of it.

"Aiden! Bella!"
"Aiden! Bella!"
Everyone screamed our names, cheering for us simultaneously.

I got up.

No.
I can't kiss Aiden.

"N-No guys... Leave it.. Please." I begged but my plea was heard by deaf ears. The noise increased even more. And of course, the glorious headache hit in.

"Come on. It's just a kiss!!" Someone shouted.

I turned towards Aiden with a tired expression on my face. Glancing back at the crowd, the feeling of nausea started to overtake me.

My lips curled towards a side and he lightly lifted his shoulders in affirmation.

"Okay, Okay. " I raised up my hands so that the noise would lower down.
And within a few minutes, there was silence.

"Remind me why in the first place I agreed to come here." I passed a glare towards Aiden.
And as soon as my eyes laid on the group, suddenly the initial feeling of Happiness and warmth was replaced by hatred for the stubborn people.
I mean,  if had it been me in their place,  I would have let the damned dare down. But fate.......

I slowly moved towards Aiden with my heart beating at an abnormally high rate, my stomach doing back flips and my conscious telling me not to do that.

'I can't believe I'm actually going to do it' I thought.

When we were close enough, I tried to reach him by tip toeing making things faster but, damn, why the hell was he so tall?
Like that guy was a good 6 feet 2 inches tall and here am I, surviving with a height of 5 feet and 5 inches.

'What if he doesn't like the way I kissed?' With this question crawling up my mind, I stopped briefly.

My eyes almost popped out of the sockets when Aiden gripped my waist abruptly and gently lifted my up. Without wasting any other moment, I quickly pecked him on his soft lips.

Honestly, I didn't wanted to part but with such lot of audience watching us, I had to. I couldn't believe I just kissed Aiden Freaking Connor.

After he completed his dare, He placed me down, and I quietly sat back on my seat, ignoring all the 'Aww's and 'Ooh's.
For some reason, I didn't had the courage to look Aiden in the eye. So I kept my gaze straight and observed everyone else.
When the game continued again, Aiden lightly elbowed me and I looked back at him.
"Hey, I'm sorry."He whispered.

"It's alright." I quickly whispered back.

"So I was right, huh? " He grinned at me.

"Don't make me slap you in front of these people." I warned him after I realised what he was talking about.
He sat back on his seat and shifted his glance towards the people, acting as if he wasn't talking to me, after he realised the seriousness in my voice.

After half and hour or so, when everyone was engrossed in playing, I was again elbowed by Aiden and this time I flinched as if an electric current travelled by my side. With my brows snapped together, I looked at him with confusion and anger.

He came closer to me and quietly whispered in my ear, "shush.. Let's go."

"Maybe you should inform Max." I said.

"No. Let's go."

"Aiden, it is rude to-"

"Shush, Bella. Come on."

He held my hand and quietly walked me towards the car, without anyone noticing. He stopped in his way and turned around,  signalling someone. I looked over his shoulder and saw Harry walking towards us.

He approached us and shook hands with me after doing the 'man-hug' with Aiden. Aiden let go of my hand for a while and talked to Harry in a very low voice which wasn't even audible to me. Both of them had a full ear-to-ear smile formed on their faces. 

Even though I had no idea what the guys were talking about,  I was quite sure about the fact that I heard Aiden thanking his friend.
When we were in front of the mustang, I stopped in my ways.
"What happened, Aiden?"

"Nothing."He shrugged.

"Then why did you bring me here?"

"Oh, Bella." He sighed.
"Believe me, there's more magic in the night than this bonfire."

"Quite poetical, aren't we?" I gave him a confused look.

"Always. Now let's go on a drive."He moved to my side and opened the door. After I sat in, he dashed towards his seat and sat in.

Soon the car's engine roared back to life and we were on the road once again.