That was until her.

When Crystal had her accident all those years ago, someone must've tipped the media off because the morning after we shared our first kiss, I woke up to her mother screaming at me for being the cause of all this paparazzi being outside the hospital and more worse pictures and a whole article of the media learning about my whole relationship with Crystal.

At first, I didn't believe her and explained to her how careful I've been when I've been around Crystal and her family to never bring that part of my life to them. But she was right when I walked out, I could see all these flashes of cameras through the glass doors.

I looked to Crystal's mum and knew the words she was going to say next and as much as I didn't want to leave Crystal. I knew I had to, despite how careful I was to not bring that part of my life into Crystal's life I did.  I broke the promise that I made to her mother of never bringing any harm to Crystal, and I was crazy to ever think I couldn't.

The timing couldn't have been any worse with us just having shared our first kiss and I was ready to ask her to be my girlfriend with how close we were growing the past months before the accident. But no matter how much I wanted to be selfish with her and proceed with my initial plan of going back in her room and start having a future with her, I knew I couldn't and I would've never forgiven myself if I hurt her further down the track all because I was selfish with her.

Crystal was and is still the most precious thing ever in my life. 

Which is why back then I made a vow when I first started falling for her that if the media ever got even a glimpse of any info about Crystal or her life, I would step back from her life to limit the harm of having that part of my life shadowing her and her worrying about it. And I've swore by it since now.

I may have been born into this life and in result I didn't have a choice but to just roll with it and grow to accept it, but Crystal does have that choice to live her life without all the fame. And what kind of person would I be if I didn't give her the chance to live her life and succeed in everything she does and will do without all that - no matter how much she wanted to be with me.

She may hate me as a result. But it was better her hate me then have that part of my life harm her and that was a risk, I was willing to make.

There have been times where I've doubted if I made the right decision but, in the end.  I know I have with how much she has been achieving with how I closely follow her through Insta, and it still surprises me that she hasn't blocked me but I'm thankful that I can still see a glimpse of her life from afar. And in the end, I know I made the right decision.

Ever since I left her all those years ago there hasn't been a day where Crystal hasn't crossed my mind and I wonder all these things about her like; what she's doing right now, what's she thinking about in that beautiful mind of her, what she's wearing or most importantly if she ever thinks about me like I do with her, but I doubt it with all the pain I caused her. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

But I can deal with her hating me if it means she's free from harms away and is happy and succeeding in life like I always knew she could do.

I may not be as happy without her, but I've always grown up knowing that I have my own responsibilities and obligations I must fill for my family when the time comes.  I am a family man at heart. I love my family and would do anything for them even if it meant to put their wellbeing and happiness before mine. And that's what I had to do when I left Crystal all those years ago, I had to step up for my family.

Now 5 years later I'm the CEO of our family business 'The Forbes Inc' here in LA, we have many chains around the world and my older cousin Kyle is the CEO of the Hawaii chain after he left LA 5 years ago with Crystal's older sister Kayla.