Chapter 4

JUSTIN

"Mr Forbes."

I look up from my computer and see Jasmine standing before me obviously waiting for my reply to something she said.

"Yeah, sorry what were you saying."

"I was just coming to tell you that you're due in the meeting room in 10 minutes."

I nod at her. "Perfect, is that all?"

"Yeah, it is, but are you sure you are ok Mr. Forbes?" She asks studying me.

Not wanting her to know about Crystal just yet I shake the thoughts out of my head and immediately look up at her and faintly smile trying to be convincing to her even though she will find out eventually with her being my secretary and Jasmine is very good at reading someone and knowing when something isn't right.

"Yeah of course, was a bit late this morning due to a personal matter. But I'm fine Jasmine and ready for the busy day ahead so make sure you get the meeting room ready." I say to her.

She nods at me. "Of course, I'll let you have some time to yourself before the meeting, excuse me." She says before turning around and leaving my office.

Soon after she's left I find myself thinking about the morning again like I was doing before Jasmine came in. A slight smile appears on my face as I think about the events of the morning and how out of all people, I could bump into - it was Crystal.

I can't believe I actually bumped into Crystal after all these years. It still doesn't feel real that I saw her. But I did and I just can't believe it.

She is just like I remember with her beautiful and naturally blonde curled hair and her beautiful blue eyes I remember so well after imagining them for so long.

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met all those years ago and still is but somehow now that she is all grown up. She is even more beautiful, and I found myself being mesmerised by her beauty as we just stood there staring at each other.

It didn't occur to me at the time, but I was shocked to find out that after a did some research on her that she has been working at that little quaint French café ever since she graduated high school with her best friend Rachel.  I don't know why I never registered the fact that she worked there when I bumped into her. There were so many signs in front of me; for starters she had all my coffee over her apron, her working the coffee machines should have been a dead give-away and of course the fact that she always was telling me she had to get back to work when she was trying to get rid of me.

I know the seriousness of the pain I must have put her through when I left her without a single word to her or even said goodbye to her all those years ago.

Growing up in a famous and well known family like mine was never easy with all the fame and the privacy issues. I never had a normal childhood like your average child and with me being the oldest sibling I had to grow up pretty fast and look after my little brother and sister at times when my parents were busy with work.

And when I was a teenager I dealt with being in the media and the headlines for the first time and ever since then I've had my fair share of being in the news whether its involved with work and the Forbes Inc, my parents and their careers or most recently my toxic on and off relationship with famous model Alexa Reid.

Being well known and famous I've grown to learn that you never really have the privacy and mostly everything about your life is known by everyone else and the world and with how badly my relationship with Alexa ended and how it was all over the news for months I realised that due to my status my private and personal life would always never be completely private and of course I can't help it with it being a small price I have to pay for being famous and well known and most of the time I've grown to not care about it.