Chapter 3. forbidden fruit

We got inside the stripclub. It was closed to this time of the day. The walls were decorated to be really exotic. Wine red everywhere
There were shimmery lights and ontop of the strip poles was a bit brighter
There was a bar too. "So. Are you back?" Maya asked breaking my thinking. "No. Not completely. Just temporarily" I said looking around. "Were opening in 30 minutes. Wanna help?" She asked. "I followed her as she started opening boxes of flowers.
"What are these for?" I asked. "Decoration. They'll be assembled by the bar
"Look Maya. I dont really know what to think about this. Kells would freak out if he knew" I said. "Dont be so unsure. Nobody's telling him. And at least you're gonna get paid" Maya said. "I know but it feels like im cheating on him" I said. "How? You're just dancing..." She said. "... In poles half naked to some old people" I said. "Fine. If you dont want this job, you're on your own. But this is all I can give you" She said. I looked at her insecure. "Fine. Lets just hang these out" I said taking some flowers from the box followed by her.

I started a half an hour later. I changed my clothes and was ready to perform. My heart wasn't beating out of my chest cause I knew what I was doing. It was beating out cause of Kells. And if he finds out..
I had been dancing for 3 minutes and people are already throwing 50 dollars at me
Ofcourse to the part where theres an old dude who has lots of cash and I have to lap dance. I dont enjoy eny of this. But I have to get the money
I walked to a guy with sun glasses on. He had the same style clothed as Kells. He was kinda handsome
I sat on his lap moving myself to the music as he touched me by my arms and waist looking down at me. He took out a 200$ bill holding it between his fingers looking at me. I reached my hand for it putting it in my bra. He took a shot glass filled with vodka and gave it to me as I layed down on the couch putting it between my breasts
He ran his tongue from my abdomen all the way to my breasts then taking the shot.
He took out a pile of cash. Waving it in his fingers.
It looked so good I almost started drooling just by looking at it. He looked in my eyes as I reached my hand for the cash, but he pulled it back whispering:"How about we take this to my place? The money will wait nicely on the counter till were done.". But that took it too far. I got up putting my scarf around myself walking away still having the stripper theme on.
I stopped to Maya smiling on the couch. "Girl you did amazing! You made like, 200 just by dancing!" She said laughing slightly. "Actually..." I said taking out the 200$ bill. "Shut uuup!! No wayy" she said. I nodded my head proudly as If there was something to be proud about. "Come on. I'll drive you home" She said walking outside the backstage door.
I started thinking about that guy offering thousands dollars of cash for sex. That was a crapload of cash. Just one night and it would all be worth it
But no. I wont do it for the case of Kells

We got inside the car eventually as Maya started the engine. "Maya?" I asked. "Yeah?" She asked still being hyped about all the cash I made. "What would you do, if... Lets say about a 22-year old handsome guy, gave you alot of cash for sleeping with you." I asked her. I got her suspicious smile to turn on.
"Why? How much" She asked nervously squeezing the wheel. "4000. Maybe around 5000" I said. "damn... hm....Probably shit myself" Maya laughed. I laughed nervously. "Wait.. did someone offer you money for sex?" She asked. I looked at her and then down. "oh... Okay" she said looking away from me. "Its.. Its okay um.. Just. Stay on stage next time so that wont happen" she said. "It was alot of money tho..." I said breaking the awkward silence. "Cara.. you have a boyfriend" She said. "Fine. Yeah. You're right. I have someone who fights me, is angry all the time, fucks other women. But someone who loves me. And I should focus on that" I said looking out the window as she parked in front of our house.
"Besides it would be some serious 'whore' action by doing that" She said. "Oh so im a slut to you now?" I asked. "No! Ofcourse not. By the way heres this" she said handing me cash.
"Whats this for? I thought you would take that?" I asked. "Take it. Lets say its a thank you for helping me and Max out. And it was your first day. Helps you get back on your feet" She said.
I looked at the cash then taking it. "Thank you Maya. I really appriciate that" I said holding her hand. She nodded her head giving a tiny smile. "Bye" I said getting out of the car.
I walked through the windy, dark street to the...well what we now have left of our house