Story 1: Alone Again

I heard the front door close and I looked at him instantly.

Dan paused his game with the controller still in his hands and looked at me back from where he sat across the lounge.

Everything went quiet a moment as we shared an unspoken conversation with eachother with just our gazes.

Even after four years of this that look he gave me still excited me and made my heart race.

We were alone in the flat now and we loved that. With no one else here we could make as much noise as we wanted.

He smirked at me,

and just like that it was on.
It was more than overdue for me to have some alone time with my boyfriend.

His game controller hit the wood floor and we both jumped up from where we sat at the same time and crossed the room to get to eachother.

He took my face in his hand and pulled my lips into his to show how impatient he was.

"I'll never get tired of you." He muttered aginst my lips.

I lifted his shirt and he helped me get it off of him before smashing our lips back together. My fingers ran up his torso all the way into the back of his hair.

"You'll eventually get tired of me." I replied only when his lips left mine for my neck.

"No." He replied in his soft, muttering, tone "It's been four years, it's not going to happen if it hasn't already."

It was reassuring and it was something I actually worried about. I didn't want the wildest flame I had ever lit in my life to burn out, but I knew that with Dan and I it only burned brighter and more passionate by the day.

I laid my head on his sholder and wrapped my arms around his torso completely changing the moment, but I just couldn't help it.
He got the message and wrapped his arms around me in return.
I heard him take a deep breath in aginst my hair.

We just stood there a moment in the middle of the lounge floor.

"Sorry for ruining the moment and our alone time." I said now feeling bad, but he chuckled.

"It's alright, this is nice too. I don't dislike being close to you in any way, shape, or form."

I couldn't help but smile into his sholder before giving his warm skin a soft kiss.

"I love you." I told him. He pulled away a little to look at me, but still held me.

"I love you too. Is there a reason you suddenly got so sentimental on me?" He asked smiling slightly.

"I don't know, I was just thinking about what you asked me the other day... about us getting a place together." I said.

"I understand why you don't want to, we don't have to talk about it again. It would be nice to have more alone time but I know you'd miss Phil, I'd miss Phil and it might be chaos."

"I'm not sure about my decision now. I don't know if he would understand us leaving, but maybe eventually he would." Just thinking about it made me feel said.

"Hey, let's not make the decision based on Phil. Let's make the decision based on if we're ready for it or not, do you think you're ready?"

"Do you?" I avoided answering just to see what he'd say about himself.

"That didn't answer my question." He playfully called me out. "But I am. I think I've been ready. Just say the words." His brown eyes looked into mine and searched them possibly for answers.

"I don't think I am." I finally said. "I need more time."

He let go of me.

"You've said that for the past year. I don't know why you flip flop around like this, you do then you don't. The choice is so easy." His face looked as though I had broken his heart for the millionth time.

"For you it's easy." I replied.

"Because I know what I want and that's to spend the rest of my life with you in our own little home, you know, with a cute little dog and a family." His voice seemed desperate for his little ideal life he had dreamed up.

"But Phil." I reminded him.

"I don't understand." He told me "Why do you suddenly care so much about Phil?" He asked.

"He won't do well alone." I stated.

"We shouldn't worry about it." He assured me.

"But you know I love and care about Phil." I admitted.

"Are... are you trying to tell me something? What do you mean you love him? Y/N what's going on with you two?" He seemed to only be getting more upset, especially when I just looked at him and refused to answer.

"I get it." He said with anger.

"Dan, I'm sorry. I-I didn't want to tell you like this." I felt like crying. This was supposed to be our alone time and it all went to hell so fast.

"I don't think you were planning on telling me at all!" He now yelled at me.

"What? That I love him?! Of course I love him!"

"Then what the hell are you doing with me then? Why the hell are you telling me you love me?!"

"Because I do!" I yelled back in frustration.

"I don't believe you anymore." He seemed so hurt and it hurt me too.

"I'd never pick him over you though, I want you to know that." I tried to make him understand.

"Prove it to me then."

"I will, I promise. I'll end things with him. We'll get the place together okay?" I assured him "I mean it, I love you more than... more than anyone or anything." I scrambled for the right words to say.

"Just end things with Phil." He seemed to demand and I nodded.

I heard the clicking of the front door in the other room and footsteps.

Dan scrambled for his shirt on the floor and put it on as fast as he could before Phil appeared in the doorway of the lounge.

Phil looked like he was about to say something but he just gave Dan and I a strange and confused look as we stood in the middle of the lounge, but not close together.

"You guys okay?" Phil seemed like he was going to say something else but it was now changed to this question.

"Yeah." Dan said quickly but Phil just looked at him.
And that's when I realized Dan's shirt was inside out.

Phil's eyes and body went cold and ridged as he now understood. He looked from me to Dan silently and leaned aginst the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Surprise (y/n) and I are together!" Dan laughed nervously as I looked at him with my mouth gaped open in shock. Dan forced a smile and did his best to lighten the mood of the room but of course it wasn't going to work and just came off as really akward.

Phil now turned his glare to me.

"I want a divorce." Phil's voice was cold as he spoke to me.

"I'm sorry." I replied as I felt my eyes well up with tears.

I was sorry. I was sorry I began cheating on Phil just a year into our marriage. I was sorry I had convinced Dan years ago I didn't love Phil and he didn't love me back anymore.
Everything was a lie though, both relationships were built on pure lies out of love for both of them, and now it was finally catching up with me.