The Ultimate Liar as an Arena Partner

Five years later . . .

Crystal Tech Academy has middle and high school students attending its classes. It is one of the best worldwide schools where Levelings from different Guilds go to learn. Academic classes are based on how old you are. When it came to physical activities, you would go to the assigned course depending on your level. Arena practice was always at the end of the day. The entire academy is gathered to the stadium. To train and practice fighting against monsters.

Arena practice today was vicious. His battle partner was an Amateur Level 6 and had his arm cut off by a Level 18 monster. Soren had to take care all of the rest after he was forced into the medical bay. Sighing, he put the cap back on his water bottle and started walking to his former partner.

~Quick Flashback~

Soren was waiting on the bleachers to be paired up with his partner.

"Soren and Levi." The coach called.

He walked up to his partner. "Well, you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," Levi said nervously.

After a while, the duo was called up next for the match. They walked to the stadium and awaited the monster. The monster had 3 eyes and had six legs and shaggy black hair with eerie scaly green skin.

Since Soren is an Experienced Leveling, he could see the levels of other Levelings and monsters. Let's see. . . . . He thought. The monster was level 18 and his partner was an Amateur Level 6 Defender. . . . . He had a feeling that he was going to end up doing all the hard work. The roar of the monster snapped him from his thoughts as it charged at them.

He could see a collar around the monster's neck, probably to restrain it from using an intense amount of its power.

"Be careful. Grab the monster's attention, so he won't know I'm missing," said Soren.

"S-sure."

Soren immediately went invisible and summoned his staff and went to the back of the monster and stabbed it on it's back. The monster roared more in anger, rather than pain and threw Soren off. He crash-landed on his feet as the monster charged at him. He immediately went invisible and dashed out before he got trampled. The monster roared in frustration, unable to find Soren and instead turned on to Levi whose eye's widened. He grabbed his sword to block the attack as the monster swatted its paw at him. Levi was thrown sideways, and the monster roared in pain as the sword had stung his paw, preventing him from putting it on the ground. In anger, the monster charged as best as it can with five legs. Soren immediately tried to divert the monster's attention away from Levi, by throwing his staff into the monster's leg, but this infuriated it even more and gnashed its teeth into Levi's arm who screamed and his arm was dissolving into pixels and Soren watched in horror. Even worse the collar on the monster started to crackle and exploded. Uh oh.

The monster roared and the stadium shook. Electric shot out of the monster. The Levelings on the bleachers screamed.

The coach yelled. "EVERYBODY! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Soren watched as everybody was running away until he saw one silver-haired boy, with a white eye patch covering his right eye, that pouted and his eyes gleaming with excitement. "Awww, but this is so cool!!" But then he too had to run away from the crowd. "That weirdo," Soren muttered. "Wait! Coach! What about the monster??"

"The monster will have to be taken care of by the higher levels. Go!"

"How long will it take?"