CHAPTER FITHTEEN

Major Arcana

"I know where the Cup is

"I know where the Cup is." Clary said as she turned around to face us, I looked up from my place on the couch, Magnus's legs were thrown lazily over mine while he read a book.

"Came again?" Jace asked as he walked over to us, Magnus moved his legs and sat up straight, now looking at Clary intensely.

"The tarot cards." Clary spoke once more, looking determined and proud "My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups." Clary started to pace back and forth, a soft sigh leaving her lips "The card looks exactly like it."

Magnus looked up at Jace, a knowing look playing in their eyes making me groan, something was wrong, wasn't it?

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?" The redhead asked, her voice turning panicked. "All we have to do is find—" Clary paused for a second as she turned to look at me, I smiled sadly at her.

"Dot." I finished while standing, I walked over to the redhead and took her hand In mine, making her sigh in comfort.

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time." Jace spoke up as he looked over at Clary and I "If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—"

Jace was cut off as Magnus stood up and held his hand out towards Jace to silence him "We know, If valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons." He started as he begun to circle Clary and I But not before staring at me for the last part he said, it made me shiver thinking that Valentine would be able to control that small part of me "It'd be like Beyoncé riding a dinosaur through Time Square." He paused for a second as he walked in front of us again "People would notice."

"But he can control demons." Clary argued back, i stiffened next to her, Clary must have felt me because she placed her other hand onto my arm, rubbing it gently. "I've seen it."

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." I glared at him we Magnus smiled apologetically. "Sorry." He muttered, but giggled slightly.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Jace spoke as he looked at me, I smirked and walked over to him, pulling away from Clary who crossed her arms. Jace gently took hold of hand while I leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"Opening the gates of Hell." Magnus started as he looked at Clary "that's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." I heard Luke speak up as he walked into the room, bandages covering his chest and torso, but a small smile still graced his face. "I do." We all looked over at him in shock, he had the tarot cards, We this was sorta easy now "They're in my desk back at the precinct, when Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."