CHAPTER EIGHT

Raising Hell

~

"Ah, much better." Magnus sighed, turning around to face us. I was now standing next to Jace who was leaning against the wall . "Ugh it's inevitable, after every move, I get the itch to redecorate." Magnus spoke as he walked forwards "Normally, I love a dirty lair but this ones just sloppy," he placed his foot onto the coffee table and pushed it to stand up straight again while staring at Alec.

Alec walked over to Jace and I, sending me a quick smile as he did so. "I believe in payment for services rendered." Magnus said turning to look at Izzy, holding up the red ruby necklace "Thank you for defending the warlocks."

"I couldn't." Izzy shook her head slightly, but her eyes showed that she wanted the necklace.

"Oh, but you would, and you should." Magnus smiled, walking behind her, helping Izzy to put the necklace around her neck. "The lightwoods have been wearing this for years, besides this would look silly on your brother." He said before he whispered something into her ear, making the girl giggle.

I shook my head with a Smirk on my face. Clary sighed in annoyance before she stood up from her place on the back of the couch "Okay, so how do we summon the memory demon?"

"Are you certain?"Magnus asked. "Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal."

"I'll do anything to save my mother." Clary responded "Where is the demon?"

Oh I dunno, he should be in a cadge around here somewhere. Oh I forgot Clary, you have to fucking summon it first.

"Okay." Magnus smiled "Pretty boy, get your team ready." He spoke pointing towards Jace, Alec and I. I already knew he wasn't on about me, I also knew he wasn't talking about Jace.

"I know what to do." Jace sighed as he began to walk forward, but Magnus stopped him. "I'm not talking to you." He pushed Jace backwards, making me chuckle, rubbing Jace's arm, since his ego was hurt.

"I was talking about you." Magnus pointed towards Alec who smiled almost smugly at the Warlock, that was before Jace turned to look at him, making Alec shrug.

"Come with me." Magnus walked over towards a door as Clary followed after him.

"What are you smirking about?" Jace questioned as he crossed his arms, looking down at me.

"Magnus just hurt your ego." I smirked "it's not everyday you see that, pretty boy."

Jace laughed sarcastically before walking towards the room Clary and Magnus were in. He just stood outside, peering in.