CHAPTER FIVE

Dead Man's Party

~

I sat on a beautiful looking couch, watching as the vampire, who's name I learned was Raphael, walked over to lean on the wall. "Where's my brother?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"He's safe." Raphael spoke gently "so don't worry about it, Hermosa."

I chuckled darkly, standing up to walk over to him "I want you to take me to my brother." I smiled thinly "he needs me."

"He's fine." He said, moving closer to me "but I want to talk to you first."

"Fine." If the vampire wanted to talk to me, then have at it, let's talk.

He grabbed onto my hand and took me back over to the couch, making me sit down, I pulled my hand away and placed it on my lap, keeping my eyes casted down to look at it, not wanting to stare at Raphael.

I felt his fingers take hold of my chin, bringing my face up to look at him "don't look away from me, Hermosa." He smirked "Do you remember the accident you had a year ago?" He questioned, pulling his hand away from my chin and making it caress my cheek instead.

"How could I not." I muttered, trying to restrain myself from melting into his touch "That was the worst day of my life, if it wasn't for that man pulling me out, I would have died."

Raphael chuckled and pulled his hand away "Well, I guess I deserve a thank you then."

"Why should I thank you?" I scoffed, crossing my arms, giving him a glare.

"If it wasn't for me, Hermosa, you would be dead." I furrowed my brows, what did he mean?

"Wait." I whispered "you pulled me out? You saved me that day? They told me someone else did."

"Bingo, I made that guy say he pulled you out." The Vampire chuckled, walking over to the stand that held various different alcoholic drinks. "Do you want one?" He asked, gesturing to them.

"Do you have any bourbon?" I asked, pressing my hand to my head. Raphael nodded and poured me a glass before handing it to me.

I tipped the drink back, knowing that I needed this, I can't believe Raphael saved my life last year, but here I am, being kidnapped my him, so I guess he's also bipolar. Saving people sometimes and kidnapping them the other.

"Slow down, Hermosa." The Vampire spoke as he watched me down the second glass of bourbon "you don't want to be getting drunk anytime soon."

"If I'm going to be stuck here with you." I stood up and walked over to him, snatching the bottle from his hand and taking a gulp of it "I'll be needing this." I smiled falsely, wiping my mouth.

Raphael didn't say anything, just stared at me, that was until he turned his head slightly and chuckled "I think it's time you went to your brother." He reaches forward and grabbed onto me, before I knew it we were stained in front of a creepy door, my brother standing on the other side looking scared.