CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Of Men and Angels

~

I sat with my back against the headboard of the bed, staring at the words that were written on the back of the photograph, 'Warrior Princess' was the point that stood out to me the most. I know that an upcoming war with Valentine will fall upon us one day.

And that one day will be the time when I'm ready to fight, fight for my new friends, the angel boy who I hold very dear in my heart and finally my family, Clary and Simon who have been by my side since the beginning of my mundane to Shadowhunter life.

I turned my head and reached into the box beside me, picking up the picture of Katerina Gilbert, a small smile graced my face as i lightly ran my fingers over her face, already feeling myself slip away from reality.

—————

Screaming and shouting could vaguely be heard as a young woman, Katerina Gilbert, lay lifeless on the cold bloodied floor, a young man was shaking her shoulders with tears repeatedly falling down his angelic face.

"Kat, please wake up." He cried harder, raising his hand up to her face, caressing it gently, smearing blood onto her beautiful face as he did so "My darling, Katerina, oh how I wish you would open your beautiful brown eyes to gaze upon me once again."

Veins appeared under the man's eyes, his eyes glowing a vibrant red as he bent down towards the face, tears still falling form his now monstrous eyes and falling onto her pale cheeks. "I will make you come back to me, Kat, I can't live without you." His voice grew stronger as he bit into his arm, letting his blood flow quickly as he pressed it against her soft lips, urging for her to drink, hoping she would okay.

His hope drifted away as she made no movements to awaken, with one sudden action he took the sword from beside him, already wanting to kill the demon he was becoming.

His painful cry's could be heard as he, raised his hand and plunged the sword into his chest, in his last dying breath he whispered one final word.

"Finally."

——————

I gasped as a single tear ran down my face, witnessing two deaths in one memory isn't something that would be dealt with lightly. The vivid images of the blood coating Katerina's clothes and face, the crying of the man still lingering in my ears.

But what scared me the most was what he changed into, it was like a vampire of some part, but nothing like Camille or Raphael.