Hush Now Baby, Don't You Cry

The baby was crying. 

Clarissa Fray reached to comfort her newborn, but she was so tired, and her arm only got halfway there. The baby wailed again.

"My baby," Clary said sleepily. "You are my baby." I have a child. Clary started to cry too.

The door opened. In walked beautiful Isabelle Lightwood. But there was one difference. Where Izzy had once worn tight dresses, now she wore a baggy black tee shirt, hanging off her shoulders and arms, but the perfect fit for her enlarged stomach. Clary's baby wouldn't be alone for long.

Izzy looked around the hospital room. She raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow.

I still can't do that. Clary thought sadly.

Izzy looked over at Clary. "Are you okay?" Concern filled Izzy's voice. "Are you crying?"

"I have a baby." Clary sniffed. "My baby." 

Izzy smiled. "You have a baby. And a husband who is currently lying passed out on the floor. He must have fallen asleep holding your hand and fallen off the chair." 

"Jace." Clary murmured, nodding. She was so very tired. Jace stirred slightly from his resting position on the floor but didn't wake up. "Jace! We have a baby." Clary said, louder this time. "My baby." 

Okaaay. Izzy thought. Maybe Clary had had a little too much morphine.  

"Izzy! You have a baby too?" Clary said expectantly.

"Soon," Izzy reassured her friend. "I'll have a baby soon." She put a hand on her swollen belly.

"Isabelle." Clary's voice was solemn. "You are my baby's Godmother." The baby gurgled.

Izzy started to cry.