Hypothetically; Emergency.

Odette:
What's all this about you not eating lunch?

Odette's message catches me off guard as I shuffle through my paperwork, the text tone causing my body to stiffen but relax as I see her name flash up onto the screen; my meeting with the other branch managers is today and I will have three of my boss' overlooking the entire meeting, so I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly, otherwise I'll have to face the consequences. Although I get along with Ethan and Wesley very well they are still three places above me on the business' hierarchy ladder, and any wrong move I make could still end badly for me, so regardless of my relationship with them I am stepping on eggshells, this meeting has my mind looking like Odette's earphones when she takes them out of her pocket.

Harry:
Who have you been speaking to? Was it Elliot?

Odette:
Never mind who it is, I'm starting to make you lunch from now on.

I smile at her concern but remain focused on my work, I can't seem to find the list of vendors I've been looking for, "where is it?" I repeat the mantra hoping that in some alternate universe the document will jump up and fly right into my hands; In all honesty finding paperwork is the least of my concerns today, I'm more apprehensive of if the other branch managers will actually show up, after sending the email out at the start of the week I have only received one confirmation, so my hopes for a good turnout aren't particularity high right now.

"The conference room is ready for you Mr Styles." I recognise Katherine's voice around the doorway as I continue to search for my sheet of paper, putting my usb into my pocket whilst I remember.

"Thank you Katherine." I murmur, almost one hundred percent certain that she has already left. "Ah! There you are you little bugger!" I shuffle the paperwork into my folder along with the rest of the information and printouts that I have prepared for today's meeting - by my predictions everything should go smoothly, although there's still a niggling feeling in my brain, like a tiny ear worm is wriggling through my thoughts.

The tenth floor meeting room is perfect in all of its glory. I remember when I was actually intimidated by this room at one point but now that seems like a distant memory, the amount of times I have been in here since then is endless; newly acquired company pens have been neatly placed in front of every chair alongside a piece of lined office paper, and the centre of the table hold the conference call phone, which we won't be needing today. The trolley beside the desk is stocked with freshly brewed tea and coffee, the strong caffeinated smell gliding its way through the room and reminding me of the green tea that I convinced myself not to buy this morning on the way to work, bet you feel like a fool now Styles. Yes, I really do, office tea is nowhere near as good.

Once scanning over the room and ensuring that all of my printouts are in the correct places I invite the rest of the team in, however I'm confused when the people I expect don't turn up. Don't panic Styles, there is a reason for this. But who the hell are these people? "Mr Styles, are you ready?" Mr James asks, sitting himself beside Mr Miller at the head of the table. It's perfectly fine Harry, don't worry about it, all will be revealed just prepared yourself for whatever it is that's going on and everything will be fine.

"Yes sir, I am."

"Brilliant. Now, before we start I would like to address you four." His stare is intense towards the strangers scattered along the sides of our meeting room table, all of them confused as to why they are here and what is happening. Mr James continues, "where are your area managers?" Their expressions are of complete bewilderment, they must be branch managers chosen to attend instead - no wonder they're confused, they have no reason to be here.

With the occasional shoulder shrug and a murmur of 'I'm unsure' or 'unavailable sir' it finally begins to click in my brain what is happening. "Let me explain," Miller takes over, their eyes avert to him unwillingly, everyone knows that he isn't the most welcoming out of the two. "I have been monitoring company emails. Mr Styles sent out an email reminding your boss' of this meeting. From their replies to each other, disregarding Mr Reeves of course," he points to the only branch manager that sent a confirmation to my email, "not one of them has decided to attend Mr Styles' incredibly relevant and important meeting. Therefore as of today, consider yourselves the new area managers. Congratulations." He mutters the last word as if it the last thing he wants to be saying, and despite his easy and cool tone, the four previous strangers remain stunned in their seats, unable to comprehend the easiest promotion ever.