Speechless; Weighty Decisions.

Mr Miller allowed a couple of days holiday to look after Odette after she was released from the hospital, but now I'm back and dealing with the day to day. The symptoms from Odette's surgery seemed to have affected her quite drastically and my heart sinks at the thought of me having to leave her; the nausea and dizziness has taken over her completely and she often suffers with ringing in her ears which comes and goes, so far everyone is taking turns at looking after her whenever they are free but I can't help but feel like I neglect her by being at work, unfortunately though, I can't take any more time off.

"Mr Styles?" Katherine's head pops around the side of my office doorway and my eyes shoot up in response to my name.

"What can I do for you Katherine?"

"Mr James would like to see you in his office." She replies simply with a small smile.

"Thank you, I'll be right with you." I gather my current work and folders, taking them along with me to my meeting, no doubt they'll want to know what I'm up to.

The walk to the lift is short and after what feels like milliseconds I am in front of Mr James' office door, Katherine kindly opens it for me and I walk through to find my two boss' waiting for me; Mr Miller sits on Mr James' desk as the latter lounges in his luxurious desk chair, "Harry, it's good to see you." Mr Miller shakes my hand, followed closely by Mr James who then offers me a seat opposite him. "How are things?"

"Everything seems to be working like clockwork here. Deadlines are being met, and I had an amazing pitch from Marketing earlier to do with maximising the company's consumerism-"

"I meant at home Harry, Odette went for her surgery correct?"

"Ahh yes. She did, and thank you for letting me have those days off, she's really needed it."

"How is she recovering at home?" Mr James asks, his brows furrowing in concern for my beautiful bride to be.

"Odette is a strong person but she has definitely met her match at the moment. Dizziness, nausea, constant ringing in her ears. She isn't too pleased that the doctors had to shave her head either, or that she has to wear head bandages but, she has enough people looking after her for her to be comfortable." I explain, the image of Odette sat at home - asleep and frail - makes my heart shiver, but it won't be forever. She would never let anything get the better of her.

"I would like to visit at some point if possible." Miller asks apprehensively, his eyes hopeful and I know it's because of Cara, this could have been her right now and I think that's why he feels the need to help so generously - it's like Odette is his sister.

I think back to Odette's reaction when we told her she had to rest for a few days and let people look after her, she wasn't too pleased about the verdict but nevertheless she decided to play along, bed rest is probably the worst thing for Odette, ever since I have known her she has been doing something, whether it's wandering around town or creating some amazing dishes for her blog, she always seems to be doing something - so this has really taken the wind out of her sails, but it's for her own good and she knows that. Having any guests is a welcome distraction I suppose, everyone that comes to visit tends to spend more time chatting with Odette than they do looking after her, though their company makes her happy and that in turn helps her get better.

"Of course sir, she would love that, she'd love the company." He releases a small and quick exhale from his nose, most likely imagining Odette's impatient personality bed ridden, it is quite comical when I think about it.

"When is Odette back to work?" Mr James asks, their interest in my personal life is a welcome distraction especially if allows me to talk about my stunning wife; however I wonder if they have called me in for a meeting about work or just an update on Odette.