28.Pain is Love and Love Is Pain

The papers scattered all over my desk, as I tried to connect the dots to what the reason was. And why should I believe this unknown text message anyways?

But why was Jason involved, too? And involved in what? When I saw the fear in his eyes, it reminded me of Kevin. And the passionate kisses he gave to me after made me want Kevin. I was thinking about Kevin the whole time. I shouldn't have cussed out Kevin. He is so sweet and made a mistake.

But if he does it once...

But I saw how broken he's been.

It was 10:00 in the morning, and I felt that I had to walk to his house. I stayed in my sweatpants and put my hair up. I knew Kevin. He didn't care, and neither did I. I was longing for Kevin, but would restrain myself for as long as I have to. I took my mom's car and drove over there. I rang the doorbell. Nobody answered.

I felt nosy.

Is he with another girl?

Is he at a girl's house?

My jealousy was controlling me.

I opened the door an walked in. I tiptoed up to Kevin's room and what I saw next broke my heart a million times.

I opened the door as if I was casually walking in. "KEVIN!!" I ran in, frantically, taking the tape off his mouth. "Ohhgghhmm." He groaned, a wince following shortly after. "I told you too much. I just wanted to protect you. I-i-love..." I frantically swiped my screen to unlock it, 911 now on my top list speed dial.

Ping!

"Call that number and you're getting it next." unknown.

I dialed my brothers number and asked him to hurry. It was urgent. I put my hand on Kevin's forehead as he looked up at me. "Hold on for me, please Kevin." He looked into my eyes and grabbed my hand. "And live every day with the fact I made the stupidest mistake of my life, lost the girl of my dreams, and failed at protecting her?" I leaned in and kissed him, the feeling urgent, but appropriate.

"Stay. You aren't broken, you're cut." I stuttered. "Get up." He opened his eyes. "What?" "Come on. Get up." I braced my arms around him as he stood up. "UGHHHH!" He screamed in pain and agony. I took his shirt off and wrapped it around the lower half of his bloody torso.

Thomas walked in and squeaked. Blood. Blood. Blood. "What happened?" He said in disgust, the blanket stained now with Kevin's blood. "I was shot. We can't call the cops." Kevin groaned. I showed him the text. Thomas looked at it and flinched. "I'm out."

I sighed. "Of course you are. You always give up. You are already involved. Now help me clean him up." Thomas came back and they laid him on the blanket, and carried him to the bathroom. We laid him on the ground.

"I need a long pair of tweezers." Thomas said softly. I found a pair and handed them to him. I went to the cabinet and grabbed two aspirin. I put them and some water in his throat. "Swallow." He swallowed. Thomas reached in to the bullet wound.

"AGHHHGHHHGHH." Kevin screamed. Thank God his house was empty. Thomas pulled out the bullet. I handed Kevin a towel. "Squeeze." He gripped the towel. I put another towel in his mouth. "Bite." He bit down. Thomas started to sew the wound together. "UGHUGUHUHGHHH."

It was muffled by his teeth clenching the towel. I grabbed his hand and squeezed. "UGUHUGHH." He screeched as Thomas finished it. He whispered to me. "I used fishing wire." I clenched my teeth. "Come on Kevin."

We helped him to the car. The car ride back to my house was suspenseful. I brought him up to my room and set him on my bed. I got a wet cloth and cleaned his blood off. The blinds were closed. We're safe. I slipped his bloody jeans off and slipped on a pair of my sweats.

I propped his head up on a pillow, and got him an ice pack for his hot forehead. "I'm so sorry." I gulped. He was asleep, but in his sleep he grunted and moaned. It was adorable.

"No, Autumn, I'm sorry."