20. Anger Kicks Ass

Autumn's P.O.V

The next few days were hell. Being confused and broken hearted with a soap-opera love life isn't something a brain like mine can handle well.

I kept the ring in my drawer not sure what to do with it. And school wasn't fun either. Every day, I had to bare going to our only class together, and every time he would attempt to talk to me, I would choose to be as immature about the situation as I could and run away.

Jason had to go back home, but he said that next weekend he would drive back out again. It hurt not knowing what to do.

I got home, and ran upstairs. I grabbed the ring and shoved it in my pocket. Running back downstairs I could hear my brother hiss, "I told you." I looked at him with the most hate filled eyes as I could, my body overflowing with emotions making my knees buckle and heart pound. "You win." I whispered.

I ran out the door, and ran. I just ran." Im going to get rid of this ring- and I'm doing it at the hill." I whispered, desolately. I ran to the lake, and noticed the sun setting, making the sky look like sherbert ice cream. Except this time I felt awful. The sight wasn't breathtaking, in fact, it was painful and gut-twisting. I screamed at the lake.

"I am done being an innocent little girl. I am DONE letting people walk all over me, including my own devils. I AM SO DONE ALLOWING MY LIFE TO FALL APART. Im not going to be that little innocent little girl anymore. I'm kicking ass and be reckless."

My voice found its way to a whisper. "My life is starting now." I pulled the ring out of my pocket, ready to chuck it in the lake when, GREAT. I get interrupted by him. Of course. "Autumn!" I gazed over at him but pulled my focus back to the lake. "Ugghhh!" I chucked the ring and it flew, filled with my emotion, making its way somewhere to the bottom of the lake.

I flung around aggressively, staring angerly at his face like it was a dart board. His face went from worried to confused. "I cant belive you cheated on me, you little fucker!" I spat. His face sunk. He looked like a train just hit him. "Wait what?" He stood for a minute. "How did you..?" His voice quivered. He walked up to me, closer, but I scooted away, thoroughly disgusted.

"You don't even remember?!" Oh, now he drew the line. "I came to your house to hear some girl moaning! You just don't care, do you?!" I yelled.

His eyes dug holes into my brain. Why do I like him, why why why?! Think brain, think!

"I'm sorry." He whispered. His voice quivered, again, and I found him down on his knees. His body was shaking and I used all of my willpower not to react. No. I'm not that sweet girl anymore.

"I LOVE YOU." He said, clearly holding back tears. The words hit me like a load of bricks. Woah. No. No. No. Not Like his. Nuh-uh. I backed up, almost falling into the lake. My eyes grew wide and I couldn't think.

Everthing got quiet as he looked at me, his brown eyes just killing me. "I HATE EMOTIONS. FUCK FEELINGS!" He yelled at the ground. He started hyperventilating. His vein popped out of his neck.

Now I was scared.