13. Stay.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, NO." I said. Autumn's eyes grew wide, hearing me scream. "You are the most amazing girl, with problems or without. You're sexy, you're funny, you're smart, you're sweet, you're kind, and most of all, you're strong."

I bit my lip and proceeded. "I hope you know that everything that he spoke were lies. You did change my life. For good. You are so inspiring! You make me want to live every single day! Your smile is the most amazing thing and those eyes... They have a personality of their own."

I paused for a minute. It was almost completely dark outside. "Without you... I don't know what I'd be." We both stood for a moment, half naked, wet, and we stared into each other's  eyes. I felt the intensity between us, and my stomach churned with excitement as I watched the warm breeze blow her drying hair. Her beauty was astonishing, and all I wanted to do in that moment was to hold her and tell her she's safe. I held out my hand. She grabbed it, and I lead her down the hill.

My clothes were still damp, but thinking about her pulling me into the lake made me smile to myself as we both put our clothes back on. I walked back to the car, as she followed silently behind me, almost so quiet I was tempted to turn around to make sure she was there. I opened her door and she chillingly brushed past me, ghostly silent at this point. She continued to have a blank expression on her face and stayed quiet. I did too, focusing on the road.

We stopped by her house and she opened the door. I walked her to the steps quietly. All the lights were off. "Goodnight Autumn." I had begun walking back to my car when she spoke. "Kevin." She spoke softly. I turned around, her voice making my heart jump. "Please stay." She said, her expression showing little emotion, but slight fear.

Her eyes widened. "My brothers gone. And my mom will be at work."

I walked up to the house. "Sure.." I said, hesitantly. We went inside and went upstairs quietly. The carpet kept the floor from squeaking. I entered her room. It smelled like her, and I enjoyed every second of that. A note from her mom was stuck to the mirror.

I love you! I had to stay after for work late. I'll see you tomorrow babe! love, mom.

I smiled. She began to change and so I left the room. After about a minute, I knocked, and her voice was innocent and sweet. "Come in."

She was already in bed, and so I climbed in with her. She laid her head on my chest, and stretched her leg over mine.

"Night beautiful." I whispered. But I couldn't sleep. I stayed awake for 10 minutes, waiting to make sure she was asleep. I watched her gentle breathing as the moonlight shone through the window. She seemed to innocent and yet so mysterious in the sense that, possibly, my death could already be set in stone... Seeing is that I could feel myself ...falling in love. My eyes filled with wonder as I looked at her gentle hand on my chest, our breathing almost synced.

I knew somewhere in my mind that it was a wrong thing to be in her bed, so I waited a bit longer until I managed to carefully climb out from underneath her warm body. She rolled over, grabbing all the blankets and wrapping herself in them with little hesitation to my leaving.

"Blanket hog." I smiled as I watched her sleeping figure in front of me. She looked so peaceful, and content, like the leaves gliding to the ground in the middle of Autumn.