XXIX ❥❥❥ Ep2- The New Queen

Start from the beginning

"Hi cousin," Someone actually had the deatwish of sitting next to him. Adrien glared but then he was met by the smiling face of Amadeus Diatiro. "So you're finally awake."

Adrien only rolled his eyes at his cousin's sarcastic comment.

"I think maybe I should've slept in too," Amadeus said, while rubbing his shoulder. "Guess what, Avarys actually signed Andrew and I for the tournament. That git just wanted to spar with us but what the hell he didn't even hold back."

Now that seemed interesting. Adrien would've loved to watch them spar. And another reason why he didn't go to the Ampiteather early is because Avarys might sign him up for the tournament just to spar with him. The last time they sparred, Avarys legit destoryed his enchanted ax (thank you Rosemond ancestors for being such great blacksmiths) with slash from his sword. Then Adrien decided that no, he will never ever ever spar with Avarys again. The guy wasn't using his magic then and he fears for the monster Avarys is when he is allowed free to pulverize others on a tournament with his magic and weapons. What a headache.

The venue was indeed scortched, probably when Amadeus sparred Avarys with his golden flames.

"Did he use his magic on you?" Adrien asked, and maybe that was the wrong question. Maybe he should've asked : Was Avarys even wearing his magic suppressors?

"He didn't need to," Amadeus dead-panned. "So I created walls of fire but still he had his knife on my throat." What a very scary and graphic description.

"How about Skotadi?"

"You mean Andrew?"

"Why would I even want to fight big brother?" Andrew Skotadi suddenly sat next to Amadeus, holding a bowl of popcorn. "Of course it goes without saying that I forfeited the moment I got the chance."

"Such a shame," Avarys appeared, with his coat strung over his shoulder. He had a cut on the side of his face too, but what was scary was despite that he was smiling brightly and there was no murder in his eyes. "I wanted to fight a Skotadi."

"All hail the king." Amadeus dead-panned.

"Hi big brother."

"Avarys," Adrien acknowledged, but he pointed to his cheek, which Avarys imitated. "Your cheek, what happened?"

"Oh, this guy landed a hit on me." He explained, as if it is an everyday occurrence for something like that to happen.

"I am low key terrified. Please elaborate." Adrien turned to Amadeus, who just shrugged.

"It's actually more terrifying if you've seen them actually fight. What was your opponent's name again?"

"I forgot." Avarys mumbled numbly, his eyes sweeping the crowd. Probably looking for the female Skotadi.

"Ah! That's Luka Noir," Andrew supplied. "I met the guy during the initiation. I didn't know his ring worked like that."

"What's his magic then?"

"Mainly Teleportation," Amadeus answered, while stealing popcorns from Andrew's bowl. "He could cast shields too."

"It's annoying really. I couldn't land a hit on him at first," Avarys recalled with a blank face. "Then he punched me with his ring hand and look." He motioned at the gash on his face.