XXI ✘ Best Friend

E L E N A

Elena Margavine usually comes over and visits Clara when Clara doesn't come over to visit her. With a box filled with chocolates that she knows Clara would love, she invited herself and her servants in. Duke Lidius said that the Skotadi estate is a home for her too.

Just so happens that she sees a certain someone with Clara as well.

"Clara-" Elena gasped dramatically, dropping the box of chocolates she was holding. "And Prince Avarys?!"

Clara was absolutely mortified, just staring back at her while in contrast, Prince Avarys just smiled proudly, placing his fork down. Elena just walked in on them feeding each other or specifically, Prince Avarys forcing cake down Clara's throat.

Clara swallowed the cake in one gulp, then wiped her mouth with tissue. "um, Elena, I-I can explain!"

"Nice to see you Elena Margavine," The Prince greeted nonchalantly, although something tells Elena that he wasn't so pleased to see her. "What brings you here?" He was very polite and amicable, although something tells her that he wants her to leave and he wants her to leave now.

"Pleased to meet you as well Your Highness,," Elena greeted back politely. "I am here to visit my best friend. How about you?"

"Oh, I am simply here to visit my fiancee."

They were both smiling at each other pleasantly, but why does it seem like the air around them was crackling?

Now, usually, Elena's response would be : "Oh, I'm sorry for interrupting your quality time with your fiancee. Well then, I shall make haste and take my leave immediately."

But, since the fiancee was Clara, who also happens to be her best friend, her response was this:

"Hey, " It came out as a whisper shout, very unladylike. She turned to Clara, surprise evident on her face. "Do you mind if I join you two, for a cup of tea? I'm absolutely parched."

"Uhmm." Clara blushed bright rred looking away.

"We would love to," Avarys said smoothly. "Why don't you take a seat?"

Bs. Elena gave Clara the "we will talk later" look, before smiling geniunely this time at the Prince. Okay, so maybe Prince Avarys might dislike her from stealing Clara's time and attention, but she can't help but tease him. God she was the captain of this ship and it was sailing smoothly. She was so proud.

"Why didn't you tell me you're visiting Elena?" Clara asked curiously, head tilting a bit. Elena could only chuckle lightly. See, she heard from the rumor mill that Prince Avarys usually visits Clara. Elena would like to think that she's a smart one, and decided that by visiting spontaneously, she might end up visiting with the Prince and seeing the ship in action.

Elena applauds herself from being smart.

"I just love surprises!" Elena clapped happily, like the ball of sunshine she is. "Don't you?"

"Well, not from you two." Clara grumbled lightly, looking from her brunette best friend then to her blonde fiance.

"Hmm, so Adrien just returned from visiting his fief for three weeks," Elena chirped happily, like all the times when she talks about Adrien Rosemond.

From her peripheral vision, Elena could've sworn that the crown prince rolled his eyes. "My cousin was at the capital the whole time."

"I saw him at the marketplace." Clara added.

Ignore those two.

Elena giggled. "Silly, he went to the Rosemond Fief with Duke Aima."

She could've sworn the two sighed exasperatedly. Elena shrugged, not missing a beat.