Misunderstanding

You were taken somewhere into Route 13. It was confusing with all the movements in the trees where you were going. You had recalled Noivern, but Mawile was adamant against going inside her pokéball. You guessed it was due to the lack of trust, which you didn't mind. You stuck close to Zora, who explained more about how rival clans work and what happens in a rivalry. It was making sense why Zora was trusting them more than normal. Rival clans is almost exactly what it sounds like. This clan, according to some side comments from the other Zoroarks, are almost the exact opposite from Zora's previous clan. One who wants to help protect humans and keep a positive impression. It helped settled a few nerves, but you still couldn't trust them. You didn't know if it was just because they were the same species that had taken two years away, or if it was something else.

You still saw that same Zoroark staring at you, the one that gave that unusual smile. The only reason you think they were keeping their distance from you was because they were afraid of Mawile. They knew what a fairy type was, and they knew to stay clear of it. Eventually, the three of you came to a clearing. There wasn't a cave like you thought there would be, but it was a opening in the forest, large enough to hold a few Zoroarks, but hidden enough to where it wouldn't be seen unless you investigated. You saw plenty of Zoroarks in this opening, and when you had shown your face from the bushes, they stopped doing whatever they were doing and looked at you. The attention made you shudder. Being stared down by the same thing that- No, you weren't going to think about it. It only brought up bad memories.

The three of you were guided to a spot a little deeper into the opening, this one a little more hidden than the rest. The four Zoroarks took you to a spot that was heavily covered in trees, about a minute out from the opening. A couple of the Zoroarks disappeared through a bush. You stopped in your tracks, uncertain of what was going on. Zora turned back and saw you hesitating. It was late at night, a little too late for your liking, but the other Zoroarks wouldn't let you falter behind. She walked up to you and gently grabbed your arm.

"Come on (Y/n), it's alright." Zora said. You wanted to question how she knew this, but you were getting tired. You saw one of the Zoroarks that had gone through the bush poke their head back out. It communicated something to Zora, then vanished again.

"I'm guessing it wants us to follow?" You questioned.

"That's what he said." Zora said. You gave a tempered sigh, ready for the day to be over. You moved your way through the bush until you came out the other end. When you got a clear vision, you saw three Zoroarks, excluding the two that went through. These ones were sitting down. Zora came through next, then Mawile. When the three others saw Mawile, you saw them... how could you say it, looking at you curiously? One of the Zoroarks that served as your 'guide' motioned for you to come forward. You were a little hesitant until Zora held your hand. It made you blush a little bit, showing how you felt about Zora in front of other Pokémon, but you could live with it. As you approached the three figures, you noticed something different about each of them. The one on the left seemed older than the others, even showing a few gray hairs. The one on the right looked like he could pick up a Rypherior and throw it a good fifty feet! Then there was the one in the middle, this one had a scar over the left eye. You doubted it could use that eye to look at all. The eye was white, while the other was an unnatural red instead of blue, like the others you've seen. You were told to stop, and you did so. Something about these Zoroarks told you they were the head over the clan. You partially felt like this bared some resemblance to some kind of ninja show. The three of them stood up, which caused Mawile to grab your leg again.

There was more communication between the Zoroarks and Zora. On multiple occasions, it was either the one on the left, or on the right. Whenever the one in the middle spoke, the others would listen closely. Multiple times, you felt like you were being mentioned, as they would indicate to you almost every sentence. Zora would continue to reply to everything they said. After one comment Zora made, you saw the middle one stare directly at you.