The Real Adventure Begins

After what felt like an eternity, you finally calmed down to the point to where you were no longer crying, but Zora still held you in her arms. She was practically the only thing keeping you warm. You had been in the same clothes that you had when you first found Zora. They were filthy, torn, and uncomfortable, but they still fit.

"Why did this happen to me?" You asked.

"I don't know." Zora said. "But I couldn't have stopped it if I tried." You looked off over the town that used to be your home. It was quiet. Lights coming from street lamps were the only thing breaking through the darkness of night besides the moonlight. "We can't stay here anymore."

"Why?" You asked.

"Because the pack's now going to be coming after us." Zora replied. "They'll be trying to get you back, and they'll try putting you in another illusion." You looked into Zora's eyes, then leaned into her as you hugged her tightly.

"Where would we go?" You asked.

"Somewhere where they wouldn't think to search." Zora said. "Somewhere out of the region."

"Out of the region? You mean like Kalos?" You asked. Zora looked down at you, then back at the town.

"That will be our destination." Zora said. "But until then, we're going to have to be very careful with who we encounter, and what we do. We don't want them finding out where we're going." You looked at the town another time. So we're really going to be leaving it this time. You pushed yourself up to your feet.

"Is there a way," You said, "that if I ever fall in an illusion like that again, that I can get myself out?" Zora stood up and stood beside you.

"The illusion works a lot on the mind. Both of the victim, and the user." Zora said. "If you want to get yourself free, you'll have to do something that they won't suspect." You chuckled a little bit.

"You mean like this?" You grabbed Zora and started to nibble on her ear just like in the illusion. She squealed a little bit as she went limp in your arms. You chuckled a little bit as she regained her footing and turned to you blushing.

"You already did that!" Zora said.

"Hey, now I know where to start." You said calming down. You looked behind you and saw the dirt road leading to the next city, Nimbasa City. "We'd have to get to Castelia City, then we could take a ship over to Kalos."

"Then let's get going." Zora said. "It's almost sunrise, and when they find out that your gone, they're going to be coming after you."

"What about your friend?" You asked. "Or, at least, that's who I'm assuming it was since they did nothing to stop us when we left the cave." Zora sighed a little bit, then grabbed your hand as she started to walk down the road.

"He's going to try and buy us as much time as possible." Zora said. "He's a close friend that I've had, and he knew how much this meant to me." You raised your eyebrows in surprise. He understood?

"By the way, while this is on my mind, does that whole ear thing have some kind of meaning to it, or did you do it just to mess with me?" You asked. "Because if it doesn't mean anything, then you went limp both times from being really ticklish on the ears." Zora blushed a little bit, but then sighed and stopped you on the road.

"It does mean something." Zora said.

"Would you care to explain?" You asked. Zora grabbed your other hand in hers, then kissed you right on the lips. You stood there, a little... okay, really surprised by the act. You couldn't help but enjoy it a little though. Zora pulled away and smiled.

"That's what it means." Zora said. "Now come on (y/n), we don't have much time." As Zora led you along the road, you looked at her amazed. She gave one great kiss! You turned your head back to look at the town fading from view. So, this was it, it was really happening this time. Except this time, the situation was direr than original. You turned your head back and walked with Zora. Once the two of you reached Castelia City, there wouldn't be anything else to worry about.

-------------------------------------------

Now, now is the time that it really begins. No more lies, no more tricks, just you, and Zora.

Well, this has taken a turn that I even honestly decide to do until a day later when I came up with the thought while listening to music. It's amazing what music will do to free up the mind.

Make sure to leave a comment, vote, and share this story with others. Love getting feedback from you guys, and I'm open to suggestions.