Chapter 18: Jemma

"Jemma. This isn't possible." Fitz stared with disbelief at the medical pod, where Amelia had 'died'.

     The young inhuman was pale, dark circles under her eyes, and appeared to be dead. But the machine monitoring her vitals, the same one that had beeped the day before, had a small response to Amelia's extremely weak breathing. Amelia's heart may have stopped, her breaths ceased, her organs shut down. But she was alive.

      "It's as if she died mostly, but not completely. but this will be a traumatic experience. she may never be the same." Jemma stated. "I think that the toxin put her in a death-like coma, and she barely made it."

    "We've had people die in the past. Coulson, May. They've died." Fitz still stared at Amelia.

     "Well, she obviously isn't conscious yet." Jemma said, and she entered the medical pod. Simmons gave Amelia a new IV, and attached a nourishment dose to the end. At least Amelia wouldn't starve. she set the machine back to "monitor", and watched as another extremely weak vital beat across the screen. Amelia's heartbeat.

-----------------------------------------------------

     "A.C.? Amelia's alive!" Daisy lead Jemma into the office, which was empty.

     "Hello?" Jemma's British accent echoed a little.

     "They aren't here." Daisy realized. "I'm checking May's bunk." She declared.

     They got to the door, and took a deep breath before knocking. No answer. Simmons and Daisy exchanged a glance before Daisy shrugged her shoulders and opened the door. Only to find the bunk empty. 

     "Ummmmm... when I told Coulson about Amelia's condition, and we were getting May, I remember may saying something about being ready for something today." Jemma told Daisy.

     "Look. This better explain." Daisy pointed to a folded slip of paper on May's pillow. she grabbed it, and read the message. Her mouth dropped open, and she handed the paper to Jemma. It read,

     "We will be back, Australia. -M.M. & P.C."

----------------------------------------------------------------

     Sorry for the short chapter guys!    -nightsisterkaris