Jeremiah

I was out like a light.

   . . . . Or so Susan thought.

   That's right.
   I was only pretending. I had only closed my eyes.
   How the hell could I possibly fall asleep right then? Susan and I were finally alone. But I'll admit I was glad I'd closed my eyes anyway.

Susan : If only . . . If only I could tell you how much I've fallen for you. I have no idea how and why though. But it's been the most happiest part of my life. Getting this feeling. I thought I was— incapable of it.

   Okay, I could hear everything. The only unaware person was Susan.
   Somehow nervousness crept into me out of nowhere. Was she being real right then? Or was I really drunk and dreaming? Something happened to me. It was the same weird feeling I'd felt before. Countless times when I was with Susan.
   I couldn't open my eyes.
   I didn't open my eyes.
   I stayed quiet and merely listened.
   I didn't tell her that I could hear everything.
   And then suddenly—

Susan : . . . . I love you.

   . . . Woah.
   . . . Woah!
   . . . WOOOOAAAAHHH!

   WHAT THE HELL?!

   Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I wanted to jump into the ocean.
   Oh my fuck! I was fucking freaking out!
   I couldn't remember if I'd ever been this excited before.
   I could die if it was all just me.
   I was surprised at how patient I was being with my pretense.

   The silence that followed almost suffocated me. But I was such a coward, I didn't face her at all. And I regretted it.
   To be honest, I just couldn't figure out my feelings.
   What was with it all? What was with Susan? Was she actually serious?

   Ah damn, why didn't I open my eyes?!

   I was still being absolutely indecisive, when another voice sounded.

Kaedan : Ah, you're here, huh? I was wondering where you went. . . . Are you sleeping?

   My shoulder was shaken twice. I pretended to wake up, fearing Susan was still probably around. But when I did look around, she wasn't there. It was only Kaedan.

Kaedan : How much did you drink?

Jeremiah : I'm not drunk! . . .Where'd Susan go?

Kaedan : I think she went back to the dance floor. What were you doing here?

   I didn't say anything. My head was overflowing with thoughts. About her. Everything about her. That one nerd who had changed my life.

Jeremiah : Nothing really. She was the one who had— Anyways, never mind that. Why are you here though? Where's Pam?

   Suddenly Kaedan's face darkened. His lips shrank and he averted his eyes, staring out at the sea. Huh.

Jeremiah : Did something happen?

Kaedan : Not really. I'm just a bit . . . . tired.

   I looked at him long. Then I stared at the clear sky.

Jeremiah : Hey, how is it like? Being in a relationship? Knowing that the feelings are mutual?

   Kaedan laughed.

Kaedan : Heh . . . Where's this coming from? Wait a second, did Susan say something to you? Or was it you?

Jeremiah : Oi, don't get ahead of yourself! I'm only just asking. . .

   Kaedan took in a deep breath.

Kaedan : I don't know about feelings being mutual, but relationships can be wonderful actually. When you have someone to love, your days become more beautiful and time seems to flow differently. Your head becomes full of thoughts about sacrifice. Protection. Giving. And your smile becomes prettier. Your energy levels seem to rise and you tend to do better at almost everything. That is, as long as your relationship's healthy and a happy one. But everyone is different. So it may depend accordingly.

Jeremiah : Woah, even though I didn't really understand what you said, you're quite the philosopher, aren't you, Kaedan?

Kaedan : Whatever.

Jeremiah : So is that what you and Pam feel whenever you're together?

   Kaedan's face fell once again.

Kaedan : At least, I know I do.

Jeremiah : Huh? I don't really get you though.

Kaedan : It's nothing. Don't worry about it.

Jeremiah : . . . Um, okay.

   Weird.

   I returned to the crowd after a few more minutes of staring at the salty slashing waves and Susan was the first person I noticed. Immediately, my heart began thumping madly at an intense rate as I recollected what she had said.

Susan : Oh hey Jeremiah.

   How could she remain so calm?

   Oh wait a second, she didn't know I had heard everything.

Jeremiah : Hu—how could you just abandon me . . . there?

   Susan stared at me weirdly. I backtracked.

Susan : Are you okay?

Jeremiah : What? Ye—yeah! I'm totally fine. Just fine. Perfectly alright.

   Susan raised an eyebrow. Her tone of voice was as normal as ever though.

Susan : You sure? You're acting strangely. You're definitely still drunk. Or did you hit your head on a lamppost?

Jeremiah : Hah?! Ahahahaha! Wha—what are you saying? Hah! You're hilarious, Susan.

Susan : Uh . . . You don't have a fever, do you?

   She then touched my forehead and I could've burst into flames.

Jeremiah : Wha—what?! What are you doing?! I—I'm fine!

   I chuckled nervously. Susan was visibly distracted.

Susan : Dude . . . . Your face is red. So very red. Are you possibly blushing?

   I slapped my cheeks with my palms, becoming self-conscious suddenly. Susan narrowed her eyes at me.

Susan : Did someone say anything to you that is making you this jumpy?

   I stared at her.

   You! It was you, you idiot! And you don't even know it! Just my luck!

   I thought she could've figured it out.
   I was losing my cool. Susan was making me out-of-the-world nervous. Time sorta slowed down.
   Oh God, what was this dominating emotion?
   It was amazing though.

   Susan smiled at me suddenly, out of the blue. My face felt hotter.

   But I was also afraid. If I lost her too in any case, I'd probably be unable to live. She was a very important person to me after all. Oh, who am I kidding? She was the most important person to me right now.
   I smiled as she smiled at me and a radiant vibe flooded my chest.
   Damn, I could treasure her for life.

   Before I could register what I was doing or what was happening, my lips were covering hers and my hands were tightly enclosed around her waist.
   Unlike Kaedan, I'm no philosopher, so I'll put it simply.
   Kissing Susan was something I'd never felt before.
   It was absolutely downright fucking . . . . EPIC!

   Wow. If that was what Kaedan had meant then I could understand it now. He was right.

   My feelings were just that real.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOLA!
ANYONE ANTICIPATED THAT? NO?
VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THAT THEN! 
THANK YOU!
SORRY IF IT WAS JUST A LITTLE BIT OF ACTION THOUGH....
(I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M SHOUTING, BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT CAN BE....)
- MALLINA  ;)