Raul

Life is too short.

      And I was glad I was a part of the basketball team.

      The boys' locker room was heaven. Though I'm pretty sure, none of them knew that I was into them. Fine, maybe I wasn't into all of them, but I was still looking for the right guy. Or something.

Pam : So, best of luck for the match! Oh and tell that team mate of yours to not break the basketball hoop again. It caused a lot of problems for us.

      Did I mention she was a baller too? In fact, she was one of the best players of the school girls' basketball team.

Raul : He just has a great build.

Pam :  . . . Staaaaaarreeeee . . . .

Raul : Stop staring at me, Pam.

Pam : No it's just-- ah, forget it.

     Well, Pam will be Pam.
     The match that afternoon was huge. All though it was kinda hard to stop staring at all the good-looking players from the other school, I scored most of the baskets. We won 112-to-109. And yes, I shot the last three.

Pam : Oh my shit! That was absolutely great! Can't say you guys destroyed them, though.

The gym echoed with laughter and shouts.

Raul : Hey, it was intense. Shut up!

Pam chuckled and hugged me. And surprisingly, but not so surprisingly, she was not the only one. The team captain hugged me for the longest time. The other players ruffled my hair.
      I was on top of the world.

Kaedan (Basketball team captain) : Thanks for the save, dude. Coach would've killed me.

Raul : Hah! Where's my pizza?

Kaedan : Oh, you'll get all of them.

     And then, he came up to me.

All I could see were his beautiful eyes, his beautiful dark hair, his gorgeous muscles and his beautiful smile. The world drowned behind me.

Daniel (Beautiful, beautiful boy) : That was fantastic!

Raul : Aha . . . . . . . . . Tha-thanks.

I hadn't really noticed him much, before. But now that I had, I was glad.

Daniel : That last shot was kinda unexpected given the last-minute-absolute-nervousness.

Raul : Yeah, well . . . .

Daniel : You're an awesome baller, you know that?

I was gaping. Luckily, the guy next to him snapped me out of it.

Jeremiah : Daniel, I'm leaving.

Daniel : Yeah, 'kay, let's go. See you around, Raul.

And he knew my name!

Raul : Sure. . .

After they left--

Pam : Did someone just drool all over the place?

Raul : Maybe . . . . . Or it could just be your own sweat.

Pam : Sheesh! You were all smiles, dude. Someone hand me a pair of sunglasses.

Raul : You drool over guys all the time.

Pam : Do not! . . . . . . . Even if I do, it's not the same as you. You beat me to it.

Raul : Whatever. But I think that, that right now was love at first sight. Don't you think so too?

Pam rolled her eyes and batted her eyelashes.

Pam : You do know that Daniel's a footballer, right?

Daniel, huh? What a great nam--

Raul : Wait . . . What?

He was a footballer?!

      Pam rolled her eyes again. Even though Daniel being a footballer wasn't that big of a deal, it still meant that I couldn't see him around all the time. And right then, I wanted to be by his side forever.

Dang it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A side note: They're all in the same school, so yea . . . . .
- Mallina