Chapter #4

I woke up bright and early. Lottie wasn’t awake, so I skipped down the stairs quietly. I grabbed Lucky Charms and ate them quickly. I was going to go home today to get the rest of my stuff, and there I would pick up my car that I had gotten in October. After that, I would go Christmas shopping.

After I ate, I took a quick shower and threw my hair up in a bun. I wore a turquoise blue button up and white skinny jeans with ballet flats. I slipped my shades on and headed over to my house.

I walked to my huge house, and as soon as I stepped inside, Mikey jumped on me. The fam was going to Paris, but I opted to stay home so I could hang with Lottie.

“Ashy, pwease come wiff us?” Mikey said with tears in his big brown eyes. I scooped him up.

“Aw, Mikey, you’ll have so much fun, you won’t even miss me.” I said to him as Em and Lizzy burst into the room.

“Ashley, please don’t leave us with the Wicked Witch of Doncaster!” Em whined.

“You always make vacations fun!” Lizzy added. They all looked at me like a goddess, but I seriously didn’t want to spend my Winter break with the family.

“Cheer up guys! Em, there’s a lot of hot guys in Paris.” I said as I walked into my room with Mikey still in my hands.

“Lizzy, you get to see the Eiffel Tower! Remember when you first learned about it and you begged and begged mom to take you? This is your chance to see it!” I said, lightening the mood.

“Okay, I guess we’ll be fine.” Em added. I smiled. I hugged them and said my goodbyes. I headed to my car and drove to a mall.

The Christmas shopping went really well, and I got a bunch of things for Lottie. Finally I was back at Lottie’s.

I swung the door open; it wasn’t locked.

“You know, you should really lock this door.” I said.

“We know!” All the boys said. They were all very into a video game. I looked and saw that it was the racing game that I played a lot.

“Oo! Can I play?” I asked and gave my award winning puppy dog face. Liam looked up and quickly handed me his controller. I got to it just as the race started. I was in the lead easily and got 1st place.

“Haha!” I mocked. The boys weren’t even a little good at this game. Lottie bounded down the stairs.

“Lottie!” I yelled as I jumped in her arms.

“Ashley!” she yelled back. I jumped out and checked my phone for texts. There was one from Bex.

From: Bex :*:*

Missing you rn. How’s Doncaster?

I quickly texted back.

To: Bex :*:*

Gr8. Miss you, too.

I put my phone away after that, not wanting Lottie to see. I hadn’t exactly mentioned the fact that I had a new best friend to either Bex or Lottie. I flopped down on Lottie’s bed and looked at her expectantly for a second.

“What?” she asked, widening her eyes at me.

“I’m boreeeeeeed.” I whined, resting my head in my hands. Lottie walked over to her vanity and clucked her tongue.

“You’re always boreeeeeeed. Go bug the guys downstairs.” She mimicked then instructed me.

“No. I want to do something with my bestest friend in the whole wide world.” I stuck my bottom lip out at her. After a minute, she sighed.

“Fine. What do you want to do?” she asked, flicking mascara on her eyelashes. I shrugged, just wanting to do something. “Figure it out.”

I tapped my chin for a minute, thinking. Then, I gasped.

“We could bake a cake!” I grinned.

“Cool.” She said, opening the door to her room. We ventured downstairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and sat there for a minute. What were the ingredients for a cake?

“Lots, what ingredients do we need?” I asked, turning my head towards her. She shrugged, hoisting herself onto the counter.

“Like eggs and flour. Stuff like that.” She said and I nodded. Reaching for eggs and butter in the fridge. I found flour, sugar, and baking soda in the cabinets and set them on the counter.

“I think that’s it.” I said, setting my hands on my hips. She hopped off the counter and grabbed a bowl.

“Lets do this.” She said, setting the bowl on the counter.

We began improving on how much of the ingredients we needed for it, adding as much as we wanted. I scooped some flour out of the bag too fast and it puffed up, hitting Lottie right in the face.

She squeezed her eyes shut for a second before opening them and reaching behind me. Before I knew what was going on, she had dumped a cup of flour on my head. I gasped as it spilled all around me.

“Lottie!” I shouted, mouth agape. She just giggled.

“Oops?” she shrugged. While she was laughing and her guard was down, I grabbed an egg and cracked it over her head.

“Oops?” I mimicked her. She grabbed the bag of flour and lunged for me. It was all crazy from there.

“You got some up my nose you freak!” I exclaimed as I ran toward her, splattering a cup of water in her face.

“You messed up my makeup!” she yelled, throwing an egg at me that narrowly missed.

Our food fight only got worse after that.

“What is going on in here?!” Louis shouted as he walked in on me, with an egg in hand, straddling Lottie, trying to smear it in her hair.

“Oh! A cat fight!” Harry said as he and the rest of the boys walked in. I halted my movement and Lottie and I began hysterically laughing. I’m sure we were a sight, too.

A/N

I'm sorry for never updating!

Here you go!

~Hannah Stypayhorlikson