Mr. Hale escorts me into a private conference room that I haven't seen before. The company had changed dramatically since I left. Everything had changed to be more modernity appealing to the eye. The chairs are white and pristine around a squared-off table that had mac books made into the table.

"What's wrong, Ellie? You seem uneasy?" Mr. Hale questions placing his hand on my chin and cheek.

The comfort of his hand only made my heartache for I felt like I could possibly lose him to this situation that the club presented.

"This club, Mr. Dalton, he seems to think you have done something to lead to the disappearance of Mr. Hurst. What exactly is this club? Association? Cult?"

Mr. Hale removes his hand from my face placing both of his hands in his pocket. "It is not a cult," He smirks slightly. "The club Paragon deals will some illegal activity in which I took no part in after I found out about the kidnappings and murders. The club is private with only the wealthiest of men having a permanent entry." He leans against the conference table.

"Oh m—"

"I knew you wouldn't understand, but this organization is bigger than the both of us. Extortion. Murder. Kidnappings. Blackmail. It happens. Every day we just choose to keep a blind eye turned towards it. I would not have done any of those to Mr. Hurst. Well, I had been leaning towards the blackmail."

He tries to jest to make light of the situation, but I cannot seem to smile at a time like this.

"Well then where is he!?"

"Prison."

"I don't understand."

"I told you-you weren't the only person he had seduced. He needed the business for his company had taken a plunge after the reports of one his former employees stealing ideas. I didn't realize the extent of his boundaries because it's possible that he didn't have any. Mr. Hurst and Mr. Codwell weren't as modest as I was. The overabundance of power within the club kept the tensions high between one another." He rubs his left hand over the stubble along his chin.

Temptation.

"Is Mr. Dalton aware?"

"He has been informed that Mr. Hurst is not in the country, but Mr. Codwell and I are handling it," he sighs. "I do not want you to worry about this."

It is hard to not think about when you had been accused that you had been the reason for the disappearance of Mr. Hurst. Mr. Hale wanted to feel in control over the situation which I understood because he had been in a delicate situation.

"Mr. Codwell cares about someone other than himself? That surprises even that of me," I comment trying to change the subject.

"Glen hadn't always been that way. Glen is a Strategy Manager that oversees a company's plans to develop partnerships, growth and launch new profit-driving initiatives. He demands the respect of being the most important role in a company, but I have surpassed that aspect with multiple knowledge of different fields in my company. There was always a competition between Mr. Codwell and me. While Mr. Hurst indulged on the finer things in life like women, fine dining, expensive suits."

I take a seat in one of the mosaic wooden lounge chairs as this conversation continues. "What about you? What did you seek in the club after joining?" I queried watching him loosen the tie around his neck.

"I just wanted to succeed in life without having to be subjected to the same circumstances I had been born through. My adoptive parents paid for the best schooling possible so that I could be the prodical child of their liking. I enjoy my work though. Technology is always innovating to make changes to the world as necessary."