"Why won't you just try" he asks.

"Why won't trust me to make my own decisions" I counter.

"You don't know what's good for you" he yells.

"You don't know what's good for me! I wouldn't put my future in your hands if my life depended on it. I know what you do to people, I know where your dirty money comes from and I know that this little front your putting on won't hold up if I stay with Jonathan. That's why you want him gone, not because he's threatening to me but because he's threatening to you and your stupid plan to make me like you. I know that you want me to be like you but I would honestly rather be Jonathan's little bitch than your daughter right now" I say.

The next second his hand meets my face hard and I get sent tumbling to the ground. Once my body meets the floor I stay there for a second trying to comprehend what just happened.

"Oh my god" my father whispers. "Gracie I'm so sorry" he says coming over to me. I turn to him with tears in my eyes and start to shake my head.

"I hate you" I whisper and he stops coming towards me.

"Gracie" he begs.

"No Dad. Don't touch me, don't talk to me, nothing. I'm done, I can't do his anymore. I'm a grown woman and I need to make my own decisions, and right now I'm deciding that I never want to see you again. I never want to hear your voice again and I never want to see your face again" I shout as I pick myself up off the floor.

"I didn't mean to do that" he begs.

"You say Jon is a bad guy, but he never once even thought to lay a hand on me, let alone do it. I once thought that about you but you've turned into a monster and I refuse to sit by and watch this happen. You will no longer have a say in my life, in fact I'm not even going to let you be in my head. If you decide to change your mind, let me know. But until that day comes I don't want to even hear your name" I say walking out the door.

"Everything you are is mine. So if you leave, that stuff stays here" he threatens.

"I would rather have nothing without you than have these things thanks to your filthy money anyways" I claim.

I take my purse and take out all the cards and all the things that are linked back to him. I leave my phone so he can't find me and anything else he could track. I dump it all on the floor before turning back to the door.

"You're making a huge mistake" he claims.

"The only mistake I've made was not doing this sooner" I claim.

"You can't do this" he insists and I turn around one last time before leaving.

"Watch me."

I walk a few miles in the freezing cold to Jonathan's apartment. I sure as hell wasnt going to take the limo and I didn't have money for a cab or a phone to call Jon so this was my only option. I cry the whole way there as I rub the spot on my eye my dad hit me. It hurt, but not as much as it hurt to know my own father would rather hit me than help me.

I get up to Jonathan's apartment and knock on the door. I hear Christmas music playing loudly from inside and it kind of made me feel better. Finally he opens the door with a huge smile that disappears as soon as he looked at me.

"Oh my god, what happened to you" he asks as he pulls me into his warm apartment. He grabs my face and looks right at the spot my dad hit me not even a hour before now.

"I got in a fight with my dad" I sniffle as he rubs his thumb softly over my bruise.

"Did he hit you" he asks. I slowly nod as he takes his hand away.

Without a word he gathers his things and starts to head to the door.

"Where do you think you're going" I ask.

"To give him a taste of his own medicine" he claims.

"Don't stoop to his level. Jonathan you're better than this" I insist.

"I don't care about the moral high standards. He hit you Gracie, this man is supposed to be your father and he hit you" he nearly yells.

"You can't go back there because I can't go back there" I say and he finally stops trying to get out he door.

"What do you mean" he asks.

"I mean that I ran away. I left my phone and my money and everything else that he could use to find me. I'm never going back there" I say.

"What about your mom" he asks.

"I'll find a way to see her. But I never want to see that man again" I say.

"Where are you staying" he asks.

"I don't know really. I haven't gotten that far" I admit.

"You're more then welcome to stay here" he insists.

"I couldn't intrude" I insist.

"It's not intruding if I want you to stay here" he claims.

"These aren't your problems to fix" I insist.

"I don't want you staying anywhere else. You belong here, with me. I can help you get a job and we can figure out the rest along the way. I want you to be happy, to be the reason you're happy" he claims and I smile.

"You are my happiness" I insist.

"So you'll stay here" he asks.

"Yeah Jon, I'll stay."