Live a Little! [16]

Start from the beginning

||

"So is this what friends do for fun...?" Came Gaara's voice as I walk on train track rails, munching on my fudge ice cream cone. I wince at the brief freezing feeling in my temple before throwing a smirk to my left at the boy whom walked beside me. He seemed tense as he looked at his cone as if it were some dairy alien.

"Haven't you ever had ice cream before?" My eyes widen as he shakes his head, a childlike confusion dawning his face.

"My father says junk food weakens the mind."
My jaw drops in horror as I felt like an arrow shot straight into my heart.

Shaking my shock away, I peer at the redhead whom stared forward awkwardly. Now that I think about it, he was from a prestigious family after all. Anyone whom went to Konoha Elite had to have some sort of wealthy background. I personally never met the Sabaku's but I heard from the old man that the head Rasa Sabaku was a strict man.

"So you come from one of those types of family huh?" I state casually as he nods his head, glaring forward.

"Well guess what I don't see?"

His teal eyes meet mine in confusion as a sly smirk falls on my face. "Your father."

He stills for a second as we halt on the tracks. He looks at me then his slowly melting cone then back at me. Slowly bringing it to his lips, a deafening tension surrounds us. Taking a bite, he suddenly goes rigid. I raise a brow in expectation. He takes another bite and another causing a knowing smirk to appear on my face. A curse releases from his mouth as he grabs his temple with a look of childish awe.

"That my friend, is a brain freeze." His eyes shoot to mine in astonishment making me snicker. "Welcome to the dark side."

Gaara may have not showed it but he could feel himself relax beside the prettyboy as they both relaxed on the train tracks. They sat on the tracks in a comfortable silence. He knew that his siblings along with his father and guards were in chaos at home seeing as he doesn't really get out much. It had been a long time since he had actually been out as the red head tended to stay in his room often and did much of his erm legal activities from the Safety of his room behind his expensive computer screens. The only time he remembered being out for this long was when he was a child. However, as he grew older his father kept him more isolated.

He had been raised up on computers and codes; never allowed to do anything kids his age would do as anything "fun" weakened the mind. His type of fun was destroying companies from the inside through data mainframes. Gaara was the secret weapon of the family. One of the best hackers in all of japan which made him a walking target since he was in diapers.
Sure he should of let his guard or kankuro know before hand where he was going but Gaara could've cared less.

"Do you know about those 4 kids at school? I think Naruto referred to them as the sandwich 4?" I prod casually as I gaze at bunny shaped cloud lazily.

"Sound 4," he corrects making me sweatdrop in embarrassment whilst he glances at me skeptically.

"Yeah that's what I said."

It was his turn to sweatdrop as he returned his gaze to the sky."What about them?"

"I'm just curious...One of them threatened me earlier in the year, a girl with reddish pink hair; talked a hell of a lot too."

"Her names Tayuya and you shouldn't get on their bad side." He bluntly states.

Glancing at the naive kid beside him, he could tell Yuri had no gang background. If Tayuya did threaten him, he'd have to watch his back as the sound were unpredictable. Tayuya had a reputation for assaulting peopley. It was apparently a sign for those who weren't affiliated with gangs that the sound weren't to be messed with. Just from how Yuri acted, he could tell his attitude would get the pretty boy a whole lot more then he bargained for. Being blunt and indifferent in a gang school with no history or affiliation of a gang was a bad characteristic to have.