Chapter 12- He's acting strange...

Marinette POV
"Nino! What am I supposed to do? Alya's not here and we are probably going to do partner work..." I whined as my friend Nino swatted his hand.
"It's okay. I'll fake an excuse to go to the nurse," he smiled.
"Wait, Nino you don't have to-"
"OWWWWW!!!! Madamoiselle Bustier, I need to go to the nurse!!!" He stood up and ran out of class.
"Oh dear, I hope he feels better. Marinette, you can work with Adrien because we are doing a partner project," she pointed at both of us and I panicked a little as I moved to the front.
"You got lucky, Marinette," Chloe scoffed my way and I ignored her.
"So...you ready for this p-project?!" I asked him. To my surprise, he was a red, sweating mess.
_________________
Adrien POV
I woke up in an unfamiliar room.
"Daddy! Mommy! We're back!" I heard the voices of other kids. I suddenly noticed my chest was bare. And I opened the comforter to see I had tiny boxers on. I panicked a little when I saw blue hair next to me.
"Ugh...Adrien, honey, I'm tired," The woman said from next to me.
"Who...? Who are you??" I asked the lady. She suddenly sat up straight, revealing her nightgown.

"You...forgot me?" She asked.
"I don't know you. Where am I? I was in my house a few minutes ago before I fainted....oh no! My Kwam-"
I closed my mouth and put my hand over it.
"Adrien, why are you acting like this?" She asked. My eyes widened.
"Wait a second....Marinette?!" I almost fainted again but she held me this time. A small blush was visible on my face due to the minimal amount of clothing we had on.
"Yes, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng Agreste, your wife, and in the nighttime, your partner in crime-er, fighting crime....a.k.a 'your lady.' Emma, Louis, and Hugo are our three kids and we have a dog, cat, and a hamster. You love all of us and you are too sweet for this world,"
I blushed especially at that last part, but this day just kept on getting better. There was only one explanation: I was in the future.
"I'm in the wrong time. This morning I was a normal 15 year old boy with-wait a second..." I stopped midway. She looked at me carefully.
"Did you say we fight crime together and that you are known as my lady?" She nodded slowly. The pieces came together.
"You-You're ladybug?!" She giggled.
"Took you long enough, Chaton," she replied.
"I need to change," I hurried away from my wife to be and rushed to the closet. I didn't know the layout but it was easy enough for me to guess.
"You're from the past. Aren't you?" She asked me.

"Y-yeah. It's weird to be here. Seeing as you're my w-wife..this is proof enough. I guess I finally won you over, Milady," I bowed down to kiss her hand and then suddenly, a blond girl walked in.
"Ew, and I had seen enough of that," She rolled her eyes and Marinette caught her.
"Young lady! You have a lot of explaining to do," she yelled.
"Well...um we might have traveled back in time to when you were kids..." She blushed heavily and was dripping with sweat.
"I remember! We had an adventure together Emma! After you left Plagg acted weird and threw up a portal? And then I woke up in my future self's body," I told her.
"Dad? Wha-"
"Yeah! I'm my old self!" She hugged me graciously.
"I knew you didn't have to wait long," she smiled and Marinette led us into the living room.
________________
Future Adrien POV
I remembered this morning as I woke up next to my loving wife and kissed her goodbye, but I forgot my briefcase.
As I came back, Plagg suddenly started wincing and the rest is all a blur. I woke up again, alone and in a very large room. It looked like...my childhood home? Why was I here?
"Adrien, are you okay?!" Plagg flew up to me in distress, confused. He looked the same so I couldn't tell.
"Yes..but what am I doing here? I was just on my way to work..." I told him. The worried expression on his face didn't change. For once, he didn't ask for cheese.

"Thank goodness. I was going to tell you that the blob a threw up was a portal and a.) you would've woken up with amnesia, b.) you would've been teleported to the future, or c.) you switched bodies with your future self. It's only happened a few times with past Chat Noir's and the results varied but it was always the same three options," he gets a random piece of cheese and I bolted to the bathroom.
"Plagg, we have a problem," I reported as I saw my scrawny but muscular body in the mirror.
_________________
"I forgot how fake I was when I was younger. At least I can be myself around Marinette," Plagg raised his eyebrow.
"You mean the girl you told me was 'just a friend?'" He asked suspiciously. My palms got shakey,
"Well...we're kinda married in the future...with three kids...and we want one more....we have a lot of pets and I love her..." Plagg laughed maniacally.
"Oh I am going to rub it in your face! Once you get back, which is in a few days. The limit is 3 days, I believe,"
He told me, and I listened to the new information.

"Oh no...I've never not hugged her. When I see her...I won't be able to express my emotions?" I asked Plagg, nearly crying.
"Geez, you really love this girl," he said before we pull up to the school.
"Adrien! I've been waiting for you! Lila is throwing a party and inviting people of high class," Chloe threw herself into a hug with me and I pushed her off, she looked surprised.
"Look, Chlo, you're my best friend but please stop throwing yourself on me. I know for a fact that you want me to help promote you, but not like this," I told her slowly. I was more snappy, because I needed to get her off my back. I walked forward, not minding the eyes on me and the puppy eyed Chloe behind me.
As I entered class, Nino and Marinette were already talking. I sat in my seat overhearing them talking about Marinette not having a partner.
"OWWWWW!!!! Madamoiselle Bustier, I need to go to the nurse!!!" Nino ran out of class, with a hurt expression on his face and a small smile.
"Oh dear, I hope he feels better. Marinette, you can work with Adrien because we are doing a partner project," she pointed at both of us and I panicked a little as I moved to the front.
"You got lucky, Marinette," Chloe had a snotty tone.
"So...you ready for this p-project?!" She asked me. I could feel the sweat dripping off my palms, resisting the urge to pull her close and whisper "I love you" into her ears and kiss her sweetly. It was very hard. Sure, she was much younger but she was my lady nonetheless. And seeing her as a cute teenage girl made me feel an old rush of emotions. How was I so oblivious before?! She was the perfect woman and I failed to see that until we were much older.
"Y-yeah, this will be good.." I trailed off and forced a smile.
"You will be assigned a portion of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and be in charge of creating a wonderful performance out of props and costumes for that one scene. Planning begins today. Use your time wisely," Mlle. Bustier sat down after assigning partners and we got to work. Great assignment.
"Hey, Marinette, I'll buy some flowers if you'd like. A dozen roses for the purr-fect lady," she blushed a little at my comment.
"That would be nice. I'll make the dress and Romeo's outfit but I need your measurements," she told me.
"We have the balcony scene, this is a great scene to work with. I can come over to your house if you'd be willing to meet. We still need practice," I couldn't have made it more obvious that I wanted to be around her. The other girls noticed. Alex and Mylene were laughing at us. I threw a glare at them before turning back to my lady.
"What do you say?" I asked.
"We'll meet at my place at 6:00 tomorrow?" She asked. I thought over my schedule. I had nothing! It was a free weekend.
"Yes, consider this our first mission together, partner," I bumped her fist with mine and cracked a genuine smile. Oh dear. This is going to be harder than I thought.