Chapter 10- Caught! In the Act

Marinette POV
"You'll be what?" We all turned around to see Mr. Agreste standing in front of us.
"Hey father," Adrien nervously says.
"What are these people doing in our house?" He asks.
"Oh! They were just passing by but they can leave now," Adrien piped back. Mr.Agreste adjusts his glasses but the look on his face remains the same.
"You think I didn't hear your little slip up, boy?" Louis shudders. Mr. Agreste gave a long sigh.

"Since you are my grandkids, it's only fair that I provide you with a place to stay. You can make yourself at home, the rooms will soon be prepared. Adrien, you are to take care of them. It's unfair to be punished for bringing family into the house but Ms. Dupain Cheng is a guest. Ms. Marinette, you can stay as long as you'd like," we silently cheer as he headed elsewhere through the complicated hallway.
"This is so cool!" Hugo's eyes shimmer.
"Yeah, but we got lucky this time. My dad never does stuff like that anymore," Adrien sadly looked at the floor.
"Adrien..." I started before Louis stopped me.
"We're being watched, let's go to your room, dad," Louis said.
"It's down this hall,"
___________________
Adrien POV
"Even if we're being watched, have access to the library so don't worry about it," I opened the door to the bed room and led us into a secret passage. We were standing in the library in less than two minutes.
"Let's search," Marinette ordered.
*********TIMESKIP
"Found it!" Hugo suddenly started growing in size.
"Louis, what's happening?" Emma asked, panicked. She acted just like a mini Marinette.
"Just leave it up to me, sis!" He called Tikki and transformed.
"Lucky Charm!" Marinette Humphed. A measuring tape popped out.
"Measuring tape? What am I supposed to do with thi-Oh!" I saw that it was a foot and inches measuring tape and hands me the other side.
"He's 4"6." I read.
"I'm back to normal, woohoo!" Hugo jumped with joy, that is until he faced me and we looked identical.
"Whoa...I look just like you!" My eyes widened.

"Except your eyes are blue. That may be the only difference," I said, suddenly realizing my words.
"And you're only 10?! I wish I looked like this as a 10 year old," I continued. Hugo smiled at me and opened the book.
"There's my device!" Hugo looked jolly as he took out the screwdriver.
"I have to press the button for 30 seconds and release to go to my desired place," we all were taken aback at how easy it is to use.
"And I...." Emma flipped through the book.
"I need to press the numbers to unlock the lock and then enter the time of where I need to be. I just need to think about where I want to go and I'll be set," we all happily gather round and exchanged hugs.
"Hey, Louis...I'm sorry about not trusting you earlier as Chat Noir. I hope you live a good life in the future," I hugged him and gave a pat on the back.
"Thank you, dad. Besides, we'll see each other soon anyways," Marinette and I blushed a little as he said that. Soon?! How soon I wondered.
"Bye, my children," I smiled at all of them and suddenly, my father opened the door.
"Father.." I trailed off.
"What? You won't say goodbye to your dear old grandad?" His stiff posture changed as he bent down to their levels and smiled a bit.
"We could never forget about you, grandpa!" Emma giggled as he wrapped her and Hugo into a hug.
"Hmm..." Hugo melted into the hug.
"Bye, Grandpapa," Louis smirked as he hugged my father.
"What's with that look? You don't have to be sad. You'll all see us again soon," Hugo inquired.
"Yeah, but we'll miss you. At least we'll have the memories," Marinette sweetly said.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Once we go back in time, due to the timeline going back to normal, you'll forget about us. We were never meant to be in this time. Don't be sad, we'll see each other again," Emma told us. I took Marinette's hand in a gentle grasp and my father darted his eyes from them.
"Wait," he suddenly said.
"Before you leave, tell me," he stepped closer to Louis.
"Are you all the children of miraculous holders?" We broke into a sweat and I hold her hand tighter.
"Yes," Louis put his hand on Hugo's shoulder and Emma disappeared into thin air. As for Hugo, him and Louis disappeared after her.