Chapter Three

The morning of the chunin exams, Shiro was buzzing with excitement, zooming around the hotel room at three in the morning for no reason what so ever. Mace and Layla called it her 'zoomies' which was another cat like trait Shiro exhibited, when she'd wake up in the middle of the night and race around like mad. Mace had to trap her in a web so he and Layla could go back to sleep and be rested for the exams.

Shiro and Layla wore matching short kimono's that fell to about mid-thigh over their skin tight breathable bodysuits. Layla's bodysuit stretched down her legs to about mid-calf, the arms going about three-quarter length and was a pale grey color that matched well with her powder blue kimono. Shiro's bodysuit was sleeveless and made of fishnet material and were knee length, her kimono was a pale lavender with a cute animated cat face on the back. The front of her kimono was open revealing two strange brand like paw prints atop her chest one with four little claw markings and the other with five. For as long Layla and Mace knew her, Shiro had always had the markings but they'd never asked her what they were or how she got them.

Mace rolled out of bed a few minutes before it was time to leave, and fell into a pair of plain black shorts and a simple grey t-shirt with a black web pattern splashed over it. He rolled his eyes at the cutesy forehead protector before securing it around his forehead. His gaze fell on Shiro's strange markings revealed on her chest, she normally had them covered as they were very close to her breasts and she hated when people stared at them.

"You covering those up, washboard?" He teased her knowing she was self-conscious about her small barely developed body, as she was constantly around Layla who had developed early and had curves most women would kill for.

"S-Shut up!" Shiro whined as she hurriedly pulled her kimono shut as her pale cheeks flushed with color.

"Mace! Don't make fun of a girl's physique!" Layla scolded him. "Don't worry, Shiro, they'll grow someday you're still young." She smiled trying to be nice but only succeeding in flustering the cat like girl further.

"Ah! Shut up! Both of you!" Shiro hissed before scampering out of their hotel room with Kuro at her heels.

They made it to the location of the first exam and cheered as they realized they were the first to arrive. Shiro went to find a spot by the window to soak in the warm rays of sun pouring through. Mace and Layla laughed as Shiro curled into a ball atop a desk in a beam of sunlight.

"She's definitely more cat than human." Layla giggled as she and Mace sat in the two chairs at the desk Shiro was currently napping on to watch over her and Kuro.

The room steadily began to fill with genin from shinobi villages from all over and Layla began to grow nervous again. Everyone seemed so intimidating. They received a few strange looks as people noticed the petite girl snoozing on the desk in the sunlight with a black cat wrapped in her arms looking annoyed, but tolerating the snuggles. Kuro's bright green eyes scanned the room before he hissed as he spotted the Dog Boy and his mut from before.

Hearing the cat's hiss, Akamaru started barking and lunged for the black cat causing Shiro to wake with a yelp as Kuro scratched her and climbed atop her in an attempt to get higher to keep away from the dog. Her cat like violet eyes fell on the white dog currently barking at her and she turned to glare at his owner.

"Hey Dog Breath, I told you to keep that fleabag away from Kuro!" She hissed in irritation.

"Shut up Kitty Litter." Kiba barked as he scooped up the small dog and shot the girl a glare.