"You've got it good, my friend."

Having stumbled out of the shadows in Camp Half-Blood, Nico soon got the attention of the other campers.

"Get Will," he replied to their worried questions.

The campers nodded and some scurried off to get the son of Apollo, the others stayed behind to help Nico get Anubis over to the Hades cabin. Once inside, they carefully placed the god on one of the beds and left as Will entered, ushering them all out.

"Gods, Nico. What happened to you? And who is that?" Will seemed confused and worried as he took in the other's ragged face and his unconscious companion.

"A long story. And this is Anubis, Egyptian god of death," Nico tried not to wince as Will examined his burnt back. The healer was skilled and his hands skimmed the skin lightly, but still enough to be painful.

"You brought a god here? Do you really think that is a good idea?" Will had handed him some ambrosia and ordered him to eat it, then turning his attention to Anubis.

"I didn't know where else to take him, and you're the best healer I know." Nico bit into the ambrosia and watched as the son of Apollo expertly cut away the clothing covering the puncture wounds from the manticore-spikes. He sighed and began a hymn to his father, healing the wounds somewhat. He then bandaged them and nodded.

"The poison should be eliminated now, but the wounds will have to heal with nectar and ambrosia," Will stood up and turned on Nico, his gaze stern. "He wouldn't be in any mortal danger, seeing as he's a god, but the poison would cause him extreme pain."

Nico nodded, grateful that his friend helped him without question.

"Care to tell me why you fought with a manticore? And whatever made that terrible burn on your back? That'll heal but will leave a scar."

The son of Hades looked over at the sleeping god, deciding that he could tell Will something at least, "We were looking for someone and they set up a trap." He thought it best not to say anything more than that. He knew that Will of all people would detest what he had been doing lately.

"Sure that's everything, Nico?" Will didn't seem convinced. "You haven't been around lately and Jason seemed kinda pissed last he saw you."

Nico shrugged but didn't say anything. He glanced down at Anubis, the god was furrowing his brows in pain. Pulling a chair up to the bed, he sat down to pull the comforter over him.

He felt Will's stare and braced for the onslaught.

"You like him!"

There it was.

Will sat down on a chair beside him, "You like him. You- How come I didn't know about this? Is that why Jason's mad? Is he just really protective?"

Nico rolled his eyes, "Maybe I like him. And no, Jason's just got a stick up his ass."

He looked over and saw the shit-eating grin on the other's face. He blushed despite himself and saw the grin broaden.

"Oh, Nico," Will began. "You've got it good, my friend."

---

Having kicked Will out after he wouldn't stop teasing, Nico felt like taking a shower. He made sure Anubis was okay and headed off.

The water felt cool on his seared skin, just short of painful. It seemed like the wound had closed at least, but old blood swirled down the drain.

He stood for some time, then grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist, careful to have it low enough not to disturb the burn. He stepped out and was met with a dishevelled Anubis.