"No!"

Nico sighed in relief as he was able to breathe the air outside the mansion. As much as that man deserved what he did to him, he started feeling sick as he remembered all those children skulls.

Anubis stroked his neck and kissed his temple, "You want to go immediately?"

Nico nodded and led them into the shadows, stepping out of them in front of a lonely house.

Wasting no time, they approached the front door. Anubis grabbed the door handle and entered the building.

Nico noticed the presence of two sets of bones in the house moving around, but there were many sets lying motionless in the ground around the house. There were possibly hundreds of corpses buried around on the property.

He locked eyes with Anubis and knew that he had noticed as well.

They moved into the house warily, on edge for anything that might be ready to jump out on them.

Nico gestured for the god to go left as he went right.

He walked towards the living room, his hand already hovering over his sword. The living-room was empty and he was about to head to what he guessed was a kitchen when he heard a growling coming from behind. He slowly turned around and spotted the hellhound, its body lowered, ready to attack.

Nico tried to move towards the door, but the hound snarled. The demigod stopped and opted to wait for Anubis to find him. A ruckus started in the other side of the house, and both he and the hellhound glanced to the door.

Nico jolted towards it and felt the hound's teeth snap behind his ankle. He slipped on the carpet and let himself slide down on the floor, ready for the hellhound to pounce on him. As the creature jumped, he raised the sword and sliced the hound's torso open. The monster disintegrated and was absorbed by the Stygian Iron blade.

The son of Hades quickly got up and sprinted towards the source of the commotion. He ripped open a door and saw Anubis standing with a woman. The female had her back turned to him and he locked eyes with the god just as the woman pushed a knife into the god's stomach, the Egyptian being distracted enough for her to stab him.

"No!" Nico screamed.

His head filled with red and before he knew it, he had jabbed his hand through the woman's chest, bits of bones stuck to his hand and forearm. He pulled his hand out again and watched the female crumple to the floor, her expression one of shock in the moment she had died.

Not giving her another thought, he turned to Anubis and quickly pulled the knife out of him. He stripped off his shirt and placed it on the wound, trying to stop the flow of ichor somewhat.

He got a bit of ambrosia out of his pocket and fed the god. Anubis ate it and winced as Nico grabbed another chunk.

He waited as the god ate the rest and lifted the shirt to inspect the stab-wound. Luckily, it had stopped bleeding and seemed to be healing okay.

Nico grabbed Anubis' shoulder and pulled him up, not looking back as they stumbled into the shadows.

--

They walked out of the shadows in cabin thirteen.

Nico helped Anubis over to the bed and made him lie down. He then moved to his bedside table and found the bottle of nectar Will had pestered him to keep. He grabbed it and helped the god take a few sips, watching the wound slowly heal.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he sat down on the bed beside the god, leaning his elbows on his knees. His hands were coated in both blood and ichor.

He looked down at Anubis and saw that he was sleeping. He smiled at the sight and decided that he really needed to take a shower.

Getting up, he stretched his back and threw his shirt in the trash. It was full of those bastards' blood and Anubis'. He felt sick at the glittering gold ichor.

He removed his other clothing and threw them in the hamper, those he could wash. He turned the water on and let the day's events sink in as he felt the liquid slosh over his head.

He'd done it. It was finished.

It was weird to think of all the people he'd killed, but at the end of the day, they deserved it. They were horrible people.

The weirdest thing of all was the journey he had with Anubis. He had been very careful with the god in the beginning and had over time come out of his shell and embraced the Egyptian for who he was. He was in way too deep to go back now and he didn't really want to.

Having washed away the blood and bone-splinters, he wrapped a towel around himself and went back to sitting beside Anubis on the bed. He got the shirt off the god and cleaned the area around the wound, wiping away the ichor. He was glad to see that the gash was completely closed now.

"You look wet," he heard Anubis say.

He scoffed, "That's what he said." He leaned over and brushed some hair out of the god's face. Anubis leaned into his touch and Nico's heart skipped a beat. Gods, this god was adorable.

The Egyptian lifted his hand and pulled Nico into a kiss. The demigod hummed and tilted his head to get better access, carding his hand through Anubis' hair. He let his weight sink until he was perched on the god's chest. He cupped the other's neck and kissed him hard.

He felt Anubis' hands slip over his shoulders and stroke his back, his nails scratching the scar. Nico moaned and shuddered. He felt the god grin against his lips and smiled.

"What?" he asked, moving his head to kiss the Egyptian's throat, feeling his Adam's apple bob as he spoke.

"You're cute."

Nico collapsed in giggles against the god's chest, "How can you just say that?"

"What, you don't like it? You're cute, cute, cute, cute, cu-" he was interrupted by Nico's hand covering his mouth.

--

Having told Hades that he had hunted down Saltus' contacts, Nico was told that the task was done, there was nothing else he needed his son to do.

Nico had left his father wondering what he would do next. He figured he would still be seeing Anubis, but what they'd be doing was something he wasn't sure of yet.

He met up with the Lord of Funerals at a graveyard in New Orleans, the god waiting for him on a bench. Nico made his way between the gravestones and over to the Egyptian, sitting down beside him.

"What did he say?" Anubis asked, his hand finding Nico's and stroking it with his thumb.

The demigod leaned his head on the god's shoulder, "I'm done. No more tasks."

Anubis hummed and tilted his head down to kiss Nico.

The son of Hades smiled and cupped the god's neck, drawing him in and kissing back. He sighed against the other's lips and pulled back to look him in the eyes.

"So, what now?" he asked, studying Anubis' face.

The god stroked his cheeks, "Well, I'd hope you'd stay with me."

Nico raised an eyebrow, "As your boyfriend?"

Anubis laughed, "I was thinking more about still doing things with me, but that works as well."

The demigod smiled and kissed his now boyfriend, "What do you want to do?"

The Egyptian thought it over, "There are some people who should have travelled to the underworld but haven't. Would you want to help me look for them and send them on their way?"

Nico pressed his lips against Anubis', "I'd love to help you."

The Lord of Funerals smiled at him.

---

So, this is the end. I hope you liked it, even though it took me soooooooo long to finish it.

Thank you to all my loyal readers who wouldn't let me give up on this and let it collect dust forever, I love you guys :D