Part 32.

Carl took a well needed shower, standing at window with with a towel thrown over his damp hair. Marcel had fallen asleep on his bed and Miller had yet to return. Carl didn't want to go out, a few more minutes and he'll be willing to step outside his bedroom door.

Looking at the swimming pool he remembered that night. He couldn't sleep due to his mind racing and also because Miller was sleeping next to him. The smell of vanilla travelling its way up into his nostrils.

It's been along time since Carl had anyone slept beside him. As he watched the sleeping Miller. The slow rising and falling of his chest. The perfect version of sleeping beauty. Carl couldn't take it, he decided on taking a quick swim to cool his mind. God knows what he would do if he didn't.

In the corner of his eye he saw the overgrown garden. He used to attended to it in the past. Memories of him and his mother gardening at their old house flooded his mind. It was their favourite thing to do, they would spend most of their days tending to the beautiful garden. Carl haven't felt the touch of soil on his hand in years. Would he even be able to do a good job? Complete it without being distraught by memories.

He noticed how it was situated just below Miller's window. It was surprising how he never mentioned anything about it to Carl. He always had such a sharp tongue and witty combats.

Carl hadn't fail to notice how calming Miller was, no more hostility towards him. Like he's turned over a new leaf--like they've both turned over a new leaf.

A blushing Miller came into Carl's mind. His favourite image of the man. Thinking about it allowed him the opportunity to smile. When he saw it earlier he just wanted to duel in it, make him blush and only allow Carl the curtsey to see it.

The ringing of his phone caught his attention. He didn't want to talk to anyone. Seeing the caller ID he knew he had to pick up.

"Paris whats--"

She didn't allow him to finish. Her words leaving her lips as fast as she could. "The planning is complete. Everything is just the way I wanted." Carl could hear the excitement in her voice. "Don't worry you don't have to look it over. I'm sure you'll like it"

Carl remembered the first time he met Paris. She was at an event hosted by one of his former friends. She was sitting alone having a margarita. Carl was only make small conversation. One thing led to another and they started dating. Carl wouldn't say it was dating, he'd buy her things here and there.

Evidently he purposed, not because he loved her but for the sake of him trying to do something with his monotone life. Looking back he had many other options of doing so instead of marriage.

He wasn't keen on the whole idea now. Just going with the flow, allowing Paris to do whatever she wanted. What he did know now was that Miller was the only thing on his mind, the only thing he thinks about these days. Here was his fiance on the phone and the only thing he was doing was staring at his bedroom door, waiting for it to open to reveal Miller.

"Carl are you listening to me" Paris said after a long silence on Carl's end.

"Yeah" his reply was weak, lacked life.

"I've moved up the date of the wedding" Paris beamed.

That did the trick of getting Carl's attention. "Why did you do that?" He was already having second thoughts about the wedding.

"The sooner the better" and she ended the call.

Carl found something else to add to his plate. What was he going to do. He can't just call off the wedding so suddenly yet he couldn't walk away from Miller. The doors opened revealing the man he wanted to see though he couldn't keep his eyes on him. He somehow felt guilty.