Finale

December 1, 2012

12:00 PM

Roger pulled open the curtain to see what was going on outside. Cars going by on the road splashed water around from the puddles. He looked inside at Tibbs, who was laying on the couch with his feet up on one of the arms. The fact that he had his boots on annoyed Roger.

"How many times have I asked you to keep your shoes off the couch?" implored Roger.

Tibbs took his feet off the arm of the couch. "Yes, mother..." he groaned.

Roger laughed. "You've been low energy the past two days. What is wrong?"

"Nothing gets past you, does it, detective?" Tibbs teased him. He put down his smartphone and said "Candace got a job in Modesto and is moving there next week."

"That is around two point two hours from here by car," noted Roger. "You can see her on weekends."

"Man I would get Red to teleport me there, but..."

"But she'd probably drop you in a volcano first."

Tibbs looked at the TV. It was turned off. "Gonna need me a new girl."

"Get one for me, too."

Tibbs stood up and started walking towards the fridge. "Man... we heroes. Girlz should be flocking to US! Why we gotta struggle so much?"

"My time powers are not as cool as flight, sir."

"We gotta-" the buzzing sounds from their phones interrupted their argument.

A text message from Detective Ortega: Come to city hall. Clean Hands movement protests.

"Not these fuckwits again!" Tibbs whined and threw the phone at the couch.

"We have to do our job. It's why we are-" Roger's attempt to get Tibbs to focus was interrupted by another text message. They looked at Roger's phone. A text message from Soad: Beware. Clean Hands Movement under enemy influence. Busy. Will send backup at first opportunity.

"Well ain't this a kick in the dick?" said Tibbs as he went to his room to get ready.

"Should we be surprised by this revelation?" asked Roger. He went to his room to get ready.

"What? No...I guess. They've always been the bad guy. Why not work with the monsters?"

"I wonder if they know that."

Together they drove quickly to City Hall. Along the way, lining the streets near the hall were protesting Clean Hands movement people and counter-protesting supers. Sacramento, with its large number of resident supers, had many who were politically active and not afraid to show it. 

After parking underground, Roger and Tibbs quickly jogged to the police line. In front of the rising steps stood the police line. Arrayed on their left, like a battle line, were the Clean Hands Movement protestors. They had signs that said "Death to supers" "Control their population" "They cucked us" and "Get a Brian, Moruns!" On the right side of the police officers, lined up almost single file, were the counter-protesters. Their signs read things like "Peace and Justice" "Racism is never clean" "We're human too" and "You're dirty, CHM!". Chants of "Scum leave us alone!" rose from the protestors' side. "Hey ho, you're evil. You've gotta go!" was the counter-protesters' chant. Tibbs and Malone made their way to the line. Detective Ortega sensed their presence and turned around.

"Hey boys! You're just in time for the civil war," said the detective.

"What's the plan, detective?" asked Roger.