1: I ❤️ U

You read the note as you yawned.

"I ❤️ U"

What an odd note to get from him. You thought to yourself. Incorrect spelling, colorful picture. A touch out of character.

It was too early to really contemplate it however, and you simply left the note where it was, making a mental note to ask Lawliet about it when he returned home.

Whenever that will be. You thought to yourself grumpily. Lawliet kept terrible hours as the world's greatest detective. He could be gone on a "mystery bender", as you called them, for days or weeks before contacting you. Or sometimes he would just pop up right behind you and act like he hadn't just disappeared randomly.

"Can't you take me?"

You always asked him that. It was a lonely life to be Lawliet's girlfriend, because the answer was always no.

No; you couldn't go to work with him. No; you couldn't be in the same room while he took a call about a case. No; you couldn't know what the case was about. No; you couldn't stay in England at Wammy's House.

Ergo, you were always dragged along to different countries and always left behind in some nice apartment or hotel with nothing to do. You constantly awaited your champion of justice to come home to your open arms and your sugary food.

Today was no different. You wanted him to hurry up and be back this evening; although there was no guarantee. He could always disappear for a few days with little warning. That was the most irritating part of all. He could leave you a note but not write down that he would be gone for a few days?

As you shook your head, you made yourself a breakfast of chocolate crepes with strawberries and whipped cream; the breakfast of someone with a killer sweet tooth.

There wasn't much to do today, like usual, so you enjoyed your breakfast and then moved onto to roaming around the apartment. You didn't have a laptop; Lawliet said it was too dangerous and ergo, unnecessary. There was a television, but you didn't care to watch it right now.

So, you ventured over to the books, after you grabbed your cell phone and tucked it into your pocket. That was one thing that rarely left your side. Lawliet and/or Watari would contact you on it.

You liked this apartment. Large, open windows opposed the normal closet-like spaces that Lawliet preferred. It made you feel happy; normal. If you closed your eyes, you could almost imagine that your boyfriend was there next to you, standing and pouting that you had eaten all of the delicious breakfast.

You imagined that he would join you on the sofa and pull you into his lap as you curled up to read your book; The Collected Works of Edgar Allen Poe. You had been reading it for a few days now and couldn't help but be both enthralled and bored by it alike. Old literature had that affect on you.

And so you got to reading.