Closer than you think

Pov Dipper

It's been a week and it's been quiet in the castle. Which isn't a bad thing but still. I'm in the living room just reading a book. Then all of a suddenly someone grabs my book.

"Yes?" I said.
"Hey Pinetree." Bill smiled.
"Bill your out of bed! I'm so glad." I smiled.
"Cheerful aren't we?" Bill said.
"It's been boring without you." I said.
"Is that so?" Bill said.
"It has. " I said.

Bill sat down next to me and made a soft smile. I placed my head on his shoulder and look at him. To be honest it was kind of boring without him. He's so interesting, kind of funny, sweet sometimes when he's not annoyed with his brother, kind of cute.

" Were my brother's doing anything obnoxious when I was in my room?" Bill asked.
"Not anything obnoxious just fighting over the most stupid things." I said.
"There a hand full." Bill said.
" Sometimes but you got to get used to things, right?" I said.
"Sure do." Bill said.
"Yeah." I said.
"Do you wanna do anything? " Bill asked.
"Not really, just sitting here with you is good enough." I smiled.
"really ?" Bill said.
"Yeah." I said

Pov Bill

My heart is beating very fast when he said that he only wanted to hang out with me. Those were the most- this was amazing to me, I don't know really what to say. My heart is just pounding! I have it bad for him, I don't know how much my heart can take. I don't know how to say it to him, at least I think I have a chance.

I don't know why? I just don't care about the curse anymore because I know now that I get to be with him if I have the chance. If I have the guts to ask him out its going to be hard, but I have to try.

At the same time I need to break this curse so everyone in my castle can be free. Can it be the reason why I can't have him because the guilt of me thinking that I'm using him just to get this stupid curse away? I just don't know anyone, a single choice can dependent everyone being free or me just being scared of telling and being rejected.

I have to stop overthinking things and maybe that's the reason I'm getting so nervous around him. I can't keep this cool guy acts for any longer.

" Bill your getting tense, you have to stop worrying." Pinetree said.
"I'm just over thinging again about my brothers. " I said.
"Well stop worrying and just relax." Pinetree said.
"Sorry." I said.
"It's okay." Pinetree said.

I placed my arm around him and he just smiled at me. From the corner of my eye I can see my brothers.

"You have to be kidding me." I whispered.
"What? " Pinetree said.
"Nothing Pinetree." I said.

I looked at my brothers and they both smiled at me. My eyes glowed a light blue as I looked at my brothers.

"Make a move. " They mouthed.
"Go away." I mouthed back.
"Just do it." Kill mouthed.
"Go. " I mouthed.
"Fine just make a move already." Will mouthed pushing Kill.

I looked back at Pinetree and he looked at me with a smile. We both started to talk to each other and him laughing and smile was adorable.

"Wait so let me get this straight. " Pinetree said trying not to laugh.
"Yes. " I said.
"You and your brothers were somewhere in a near by town and ended up getting kicked out because you guys decided to see what burned faster? " Pinetree said.
"We were stupid back then." I said.
"That's hilarious." Pinetree said.
"No one got hurt but us because we actually got kicked out." I said.
"That must have been amazing!" Pinetree said.
"really? " I asked.
"Yeah, that must have been fun." Pinetree said.
"Now tell me an interesting story." I said.
"Well one time my great uncle was trying to invent something and it ended up making two bears and about a lot of pigs show up. I really have no idea where the animals came from, but now my sister had a pet pig." Pinetree said.
"What was he trying to prove something? " I asked.
"Nope, just for fun." Pinetree sighed.
"That's amazing." I said jokingly.
"I'm still confused to this day about what made two bears and pigs show up." Pinetree said.
"I would have love to see that." I said.
"It was annoying trying to get the pigs out of the town." Pinetree said.

I felt my hand holding his. I placed my chin on his shoulder and smiled at him.

"Bill." He smiled.
"Yes Pinetree." I said.
"Nevermind." Pinetree said.

Pinetree moved closer to me as I hold him tighter. I couldn't help but smile at him. Pinetree made a small chuckle as he felt my arms around his waist.

"Why do you have to be so adorable." I mumbled.
"Because I'm me." Pinetree chuckled.
"You weren't supposed to hear that." I said.
"Thanks." Pinetree smiled.
"Ugh. " I groaned.
"Don't be upset." Pinetree said.
"I'm not." I said.
"Okay." Pinetree said.

I hate that I love him so much. I just can't anymore. I felt Pinetree's head on my chest as I fall back. We both smiled and made a soft chuckle.

"Wanna go roam around the castle?" Pinetree asked.
"no thanks, I'm fine right here with you." I said.
"Okay." Pinetree said.

For the whole afternoon Pinetree and I just talked about random things. Like we always do.