☆ Sign of the times I

• Worry goes both ways when he dangles off from a god damn helicopter •

Part I

Uh, hii Claire. This is June. Sorry I wasn't able to come to work today, it's just, um—something came up and I really had to go—I still do.

Currently, you were recording a voicemail for your boss, just so you could call off a day—even though it was about time already. It was almost three in the noon.

So . . . the articles and copies from yesterday's research are on your desk. And I'll email you the rest of the details with a blueprint of the background structure. It's all done—trust me.” It truly escaped your sanity to inform her in advance, that you weren't going to be assisting her today. It was a chaos. So, out of liabilities, you were abjectingly doing it now.

Sam will take my cover for the day. So far, I had given the formula to Mac over the weekend, so it's not a problem.” Sigh.

This—I—I Hope you understand Claire." You huffed at your stutter, "I'm sorry.

And with a beep, it ended the recording by itself, indicating it was sent. It was always a bad idea to voicemail your boss in your opinion. It feels intimidating.

You sighed and rubbed your eyes, dabbing them with your fingers, as you attempted to rest your forehead against the steering wheel of your car. It was all an unforseen muck about Harry's new music video shoot and what not.

Neither had he told you about how he was gonna dangle high up in the sky above sea level; nor did Gemma, Niall or Anne warn you about it.

You felt utterly clueless.

So next thing you did, was to call Gemma. You took out your other cell where you had saved all your personal contacts—yes, you had two cell phones—and dialed her number. It ringed. And ringed. And ringed. And rin-

Hello?

You cleared your throat lightly, “Hey Gem, it's June.”

Oh Hey June, how—

You awkwardly cut her off. “—can we please put the formalities aside for a second, Gem? I, um really need to know this.”

She let out a breathy laugh, “Okay—this seems serious, kinda. Say.

“I—I just saw the pictures of Harry.” You fumbled with words, “It's funny how I come to know about this from some shitty paparazzi pictures via internet, rather than my own family and friends.” There goes a parched chuckle.