The council meeting

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, have been summond here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle earth stands on the brink of destruction, none can escape it, you will unite or you will fall. You are bound to this one doom, bring forth the ring, Frodo" Elrond speaks. Frodo stands up and timidly walks towards the pedestal and places the ring on the flat stone surface before sitting back down. A man with the sign of Gondor on his clothes is first to speak. "So it is true" he whispers. Everyone seems tense with the ring now out, including me. Is it watching me? The man from Gondor stands before speaking again.

"In a dream... i saw the eastern sky grow dark but in the west, a pale light lingered, a voice was crying, doom's near at hand... Isildure's bain is found" he says reaching out for the ring. "Boromir!" Elrond raises his voice, jumping up out of his seat. Ah, that's his name. Gandalf starts speaking in a language i don't know of and everything goes dark. It causes what seems to be a headache for the elves because they either hold their forehead or tense up. Everyone sits down as Elrond starts speaking again. "Never before has anyone uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris" he says to Gandalf. "I do not ask your pardon master Elrond" the wizard replies standing up. "For the black speech of Mordor is heard in every corner of the west... the ring is altogether evil" he adds. Boromir stands up again.

"It is a gift of the foes of mordor". Fool, i think to myself. "Why not use this ring? Long has my father, the steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay, by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, let us use it against it". Yep, absolute fool. As if on cue, Strider stands up. "You cannot wield it, none of us can the one ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master" he says. "And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir argues then Legolas stands. Oh, this isn't good, he has definitely crossed a line if Legolas gets involved.

"This is no mere ranger... he is Aragorn, son of Arathorn... you owe him your alliance" he says and my eyes widen. Oh... that's why he didn't tell me. Everyone looks shocked apart from Elrond, Legolas and Gandalf. "Aragorn? This... is Isildure's heir?" Boromir questions. "And heir to the throne of Gondor" Legolas adds. "Havo dad, Legolas" Strider tells him. I assume it means sit down since that's what the elf did. "Gondor has no king, Gondor needs no king" Boromir adds sitting down. "Aragorn is right... we cannot use it" Gandalf says.

"You have only one choice... the ring must be destroyed" Elrond says. "Then what are we waiting for?" A dwarf says standing up. He walks forward and smashes his axe against the ring and it is not the ring that breaks but his axe, which sends him flying backwards. "The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli son of Gloin, by any craft we here possess... the ring was made in the fires of mount doom, only there can it be unmade, it must be taken to Mordor and cast into the chasm from whence it came, one of you must do this" Elrond explains. No one says anything until Boromir speaks again. Ugh, I've had enough of him.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor, its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, the great eye is ever watchful. It is a barron wasteland built with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this, it is folly". Legolas stands up again. "Have you heard nothing of what Lord Elrond just said? The ring must be destroyed" he says. "And i suppose you're the one to do it?" Gimli argues. "And if we fail, what next? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?" Boromir says. "I will be dead before i see the ring in the hands of an elf" Gimli grumbles. Suddenly everyone but me, Elrond and Frodo stands up arguing. "Never trust an elf!" Gimli yells. I notice Frodo looking at the ring nervously before standing up. "I will take it" he says but no one hears him and i sigh before standing. Do i have to do everything myself?

"Shut it, will you?!" I shout making everyone stop arguing and look at me. "Oh... uh, not for me, for him" i say pointing to Frodo awkwardly before sitting down again. Everyone turns their attention to Frodo. "I will take it... i will take the ring to Mordor" he says. "Though, i do not know the way" he adds. "I will help you bear this burden Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear" Gandalf says walking towards him. Strider then steps forward. "If by my life or death i can protect you... i will, you have my sword" he promises. "And you have my bow" Legolas adds as he joins them. "And my axe" Gimli says who somehow got it back. Boromir steps forward "you carry the fate of us all little one, if this indeed is the will of the council, Gondor will see it done". Then suddenly Sam comes out.

"Oi! Mr Frodo's not going anywhere without me" he states. "No indeed, it is hardly possible to seperate you, even when he is summond to a secret council, and you are not" Elrond says hiding his amusment. "Hey! We're coming too!" Merry and Pippin yell, running towards them. "You'll have to send us home, tied up in a sack to stop us!" Merry says bravely. "Anyway, you need people of inteligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing" Pippin speaks up. "Well, that rules you out Pip" Merry tells him, but it gets ignored as Pippin comes over to me. "Aria... are you coming too?" He asks. I kneel down to his height. "I... Pippin" i start to say but i make the mistake of looking at his cute little face. I sigh "oh... alright, not like i had anything else to do anyway". "Yay!" He exclaims, running back to the fellowship. I stand up, walking over to Frodo to kneel before him. "Frodo, i had no intentions of doing this but now i realize that... hobbits are my weakness, i will not let you do this alone... so i will follow you right to the chasm of mount doom, you have my sword" i say before standing. I catch the eye of Pippin who sticks his tongue out at me. I smile, shaking my head before standing next to Strider.

"10 companions, so be it... you shall be the fellowship of the ring" Elrond says. "Great, where are we going?" Pippin asks and i sigh

Oh, Pippin...