Chapter 3

Life, I have come to understand is just one big joke after another. Just when you start to believe you alone can control your own destiny; the powers that be throw you a massive curve ball.

"where am I ?!" I repeat with a gasp as the simple act of talking sends a shooting pain across my stomach. I look down to my now bandaged stomach and confusion fills me. I take a look at the man before me. Taking in his dark brown hair and his light brown eyes. God the asshole looks like the closest humanity has ever gotten to a Greek god in terms of looks.

He attempts to steady me on the couch I'm apparently laying on. "You're in my apartment" he says without losing eye contact. Creepy much. "And who are you?!" I demand. He looks away and the ghost of a grin appears across his face. " I'm the lucky guy who stopped you from collapsing in the middle of hell's kitchen." he says with a bit of confidence in his voice. I once again try to get up but my plans are halted by the sharp pain that makes it impossible. I let out a groan against my will. He reaches out and puts his hands on my arms gently pulling me back down. Which brings down the pain to a manageable level. His eyes filled with concern as he says " Look I really wouldn't try to move too much, you've got a probable concussion, some kind of puncture wound, and that's only the stuff I know about." He says his eyes filled with something that could be mistaken as concern.

I stare at him intently trying to understand how I ended up in this predicament. "Would you care to explain me. How a young girl ends up unconscious in the middle of the street Battered and with what appears to be a gunshot wound?" He says pointing to my now bandaged stomach. I sigh trying to gain a solid hold on consciousness. "The less you know about me the better." I say.

Defeated he lets out an audible sigh while leaning back and continues to run a hand through his hair.
He reaches for my side and I feel electricity at the skin to skin contact " The wound on you side. Bullet related ?" He says.
I look down to the now bloody bandage and nod "yeah" I whisper.

"I think I got the bleeding stopped but I won't know how bad it is internally without a full series of X-rays" he says examining the wound.

I bring myself to face him. "No, no hospitals" I say
He lets out a chuckle and god does he look amazing while does it. I bring myself back to reality shoving the crazy thoughts out of my head. "'This is one of the few nights I'm not on call, I'm really not looking for some girl to die on my couch." He says defeated.

"You're a Doctor?" I ask. Trying to even out my breathing while also becoming familiar with my surroundings. I think two of my apartments could probably fit in his living room.
His voice snaps me out of my thoughts " Maybe" He admits.
Why is he helping me the thought dawns upon me.

I search his face for answers that aren't there. "Most people they find a bleeding unconscious girl on the street, they call the police-" I start before he interrupts me. "You sound like you've got a lot of experience in this area" He says.
"Why are you helping me." I say confused.

He looks at me and averts his eyes " The less you know about me the better" he says

I can't help but chuckle at his mocking of me but the action puts me back in pain. "You've got a name at least" I say.

He gives up with a sigh " Liam" he lets out.
" I don't suppose I get to know your name " he says
I stare at him in silence.
"Alright well I'll call you Andrea." He says

"Andrea?" I say confused

He gets up and starts cleaning up his aid supplies " yeah, a girl I use to date she also was quite prone to keeping secrets." He says.

I smile to myself thinking about a what a mess this guy is. Before I know what I'm doing I reach out for him. I land my hand on his arm " Thank you Liam" I say meaning it.
If it weren't for him those guys would've probably came across my unconscious body.
He looks down to where my hand and his arm meet and says " rest. we'll figure all the other stuff later."

And with that he leaves me alone in the living room and a fall into a sleep I didn't know I needed.

Author's Note:
Thanks for reading :)
New chapter tomorrow ^.^

P.S Mathew Daddario is Liam