Chapter 2

After a week of working as a hostess at Frankfert's, my life has settled into a new version of normal. I wait on the elite of New York by day and track down crime by night. I know what you're thinking in what universe is that any kind of normal? Well that's simple my own fucked up version. Ever since I ran away from the realities that were associated with Keystone City my life has been one big mess after another. If you would've told a 17 year old Aria that a couple of months later I would lose the most important person in my life I would've slapped you right across the face. And if you even mentioned the possibility of me being a 21 year with no college degree and a vigilante by night, I probably would've slapped you again.

After a quick shower and a change into my nightly uniform which consists of black leggings, a black tank top, and black leather jacket. I glance at the clock on my computer screen 11:20 pm. God I'm even late to unofficial schedules. I walk through my bare studio apartment,  all I have is a bed, a computer, and a couple of clothes. I never wanted to settle down and make this home. I'm not here for that. As I slip on my running shoes and make my way towards the door I take one last look at my humble abode and shut off the light.

I walk through the streets of New York city, a cold breeze on my face. It's to be expected for February in the city. I passing through a populated area where bars and restaurants are filled with people on any given night. But I know where I'm going and I  worry flows through out my body. 'What if I'm too late?' Run up to the back of an abandoned building sticking close to the walls and hiding in the shadows. 

I hear them before I see them.

I watch in horror as they drag them outside and make them stand against the wall. I couldn't be less than 25 girls and when I say girls I MEAN GIRLS! Through the darkness I can see that they couldn't be older than maybe 16 years old. Each girls arm's and legs  binded with rope and a cloth covering their mouths. What looks like three middle age men shoving each of the girls into the back of an Armour truck. I slip between shadows trying to get closer to the men. I have a plan. I always do. I climb onto a fire escape that leads directly above the scene unfolding right in front of me.  I watch as an older white male through broken English yells at a blonde tied up girl who appears to be resisting " I'm getting a thousand dollar fer each of yah, you can either go peacefully or" he flashes the taser in her face " you can go the hard way, either way you are going" he says while grinning. As if on cue I jump down behind the man striking him with all my force  knocking him  onto the ground leaving him unconscious with a smack to his head against pavement. One of the men lunges towards me but I'm too quick for him. A punch to the throat knocks the second guy off balance. I stare ahead at the tall black haired man as he rushes towards me with his fists. I duck the first punch but the other gets me right in the stomach. I smack his body into the truck door and manage to land a high kick to his chin. He throws us both towards the ground. I land on my back but quickly kick up back on my feet. NOT QUICK ENOUGH. I feel my body slammed into the floor. I'm able to duck the punches that follow. I crouch next to him on the floor and kick him right across the face. Of course the fucker tries to get up again to which I respond to by grabbing his outstretch leg and twisting down breaking his leg and warranting a loud screech from him. I hear something rustling from behind and see sleeping beauty reaching for his gun. He misses and I run jumping back on to the fire escape. dodging bullets and reaching into my inner pockets .I take my aim, throwing stars come flying at him and hit him across thr face knocking him onto the ground. My cockiness overcomes me " I never miss " I say to no one in particular.

I make my way towards the girls in the truck and untie them. I look at each them and feel pained " Head towards the main streets" I say while looking at their frightened faces "Stay in the lights. Run to the first officer you see" I Say with urgency. They stare at me blankly. "NOW!" I yell and they do as told. 

Out of the corner of my eye I see the guy i just knocked down covered with blood and once again reaching for his gun. I walk towards him he shoots and a bullet grazes my stomach. I feel a burning sensation on my left abdomen. I Knock the gun out of his hand and kneel down over him punching him across the face with all my force over and over again until I'm standing over a blooded unconscious man.

    Once the adrenaline starts wearing off I feel stinging and notice I'm in pain. I left my shirt to see blood rushing out the large cut where the bullet grazed me. I walk towards the an alleyway trying not to put pressure on my right abdomen which causes me to limp.

I make it towards the front of a building and bend over in pain. I have to make it home to wrap and disinfect the wound. I cry out in pain as I step to quickly sending a shooting pain across my body. The world fades to darkness as  I feel arms catch me before I hit the ground.

I open my eyes to find light brown ones staring back at me. I pull away and crawl away from the man sitting across from me. "Who are you !? And where am I ?!" I yell startled

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I know barely anyone is reading this story but I want to thank those who are ! Like I mentioned before I'm not a writer by any means but I'm trying! tbh not really lol I don't proof read which I should but honestly I write these chapters at 3 am in the morning what do you expect! lol There will be romance in this story so stay tuned!

P.S I promise to step up my writing game next chapter. I'm trying to update everyday right now since I'm on spring break.