TWENTY-SEVEN

JULIET'S POV

When we got to the car, I gave Damien a shirt I brought along with me.

I was sitting at the drivers seat.

After I had called him back when he texted me, I knew he was going to be soaked with blood and It wouldn't be nice for the children to see their father come home in that kind of state.

"Thanks, you're so thoughtful." he said.

"You're welcome. Baby, I need you to relax. I know it's not easy but just relax."

"Yea thanks. Just let me drive, I'll be fine or So who'll take your car home.??"

"The hospital has tight security and I've spoken to the gateman already. By the way I'll be coming to see Ada tomorrow. I'll just take a cab here and go back with the car."

"If you say so." he said without trying to argue with me.

With that, I put the car on ignition and the engine roared to life.

***********

Most of the time during the ride, Damien was zoned out. I never knew that he was so attached to the child like this.

It got me thinking whether he'll be in the same condition if it was me in Ada's shoes.

I've always known that my husband has a soft spot for Ada, but for him acting this way after her miscarriage, I think it's more than what I know.

Damien entered the house like a zombie. He didn't smile very well, he just muttered greetings to everyone.

Felix had already come to pick his wife, my sister, Juliana.

Damien shook hands with him lightly and walked inside the house.

"Sister Juliet" Juliana whispered.

"Yea" I answered her.

"What's wrong with your husband?? Hope you guys are fine??" she asked me.

"Yeah yeah, he's just having a bad day."

"Okay oo.. We need to go now. Felix has been waiting for me for almost an hour now."

"Oh my God... I'm so sorry.. I didn't even remember."

"Ah no wahala. Ehen, I promised my children that I'll comman carry them tomorrow to spend a night in my house base on say them Don finish exam." she said smiling.

"I don't have a problem with it. I'll just talk to Damien about it."

"are you sure he'll agree?? This one he is in a bad mood so."

"Common, it's not like you think. He surely will. He likes them spending time with you."

"Okay oo, if you say so. You know him better, he's your husband." she smiled. "Honey let's go."

"Goodnight Juliet." Felix bade me goodnight.

"Goodnight." I replied him.

The children had taken dinner already. They were seated in the sitting room watching Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn on Nickelodeon.

I decided to go into our room to ask Damien if he's going to eat anything only for me to find him already asleep.

"I'm not sure he even took his bath." I muttered to my self. "Baby" I called as I tapped him.

"Hmm... " he answered sleepily.

"Dinner??" I asked him.

"I'm not hungry." he answered. At this moment, I became jealous of Ada. I don't think I've remembered any incident that happened between us that will make Damien loose appetite. It never goes down with me very well when Damien rejects my food.

"Oya at least, take your bath." I told him.

"Okay." He sat up, and rubbed his eyes "Thanks."

"You're welcome." with that, he stood up sleepily and went straight to the bathroom to have his bath.

When he was done, he came back and slept of on the bed again.

************

I couldn't sleep deep at night, I had this sudden urge to throw up every now and then. I tried to suppress it but at a time, it over powered me. I had to rush out of the bed and into the bathroom to throw up.

This is the official start of my morning sickness. The urge came again and again and I tried but I couldn't. I jumped down from the bed to rush into the bathroom but unfortunately, my hands hit the table by the bed and out of impulse, I shouted "Ouch!". I slowly laid down back to see if I had woken Damien up, but he didn't move.

Okay, he's still asleep. I jumped down again and rushed into the bathroom. After emptying my stomach of every content that has been fighting to come out, I put on the sink tap to wash my face then felt like throwing up again.

"This came quite early. Fuck! I hate first trimesters." I vomited again and washed my face.

As I made my turned to leave, I saw Damien leaning by the doorframe.

Gosh! I was startled.

"Baby, you startled me." I told him when I regained my self but he didn't say a word. He just shook his head and walked back to the room.

Why did he act like that?? Did he see me vomiting??

I guess he just found out that I'm pregnant, why is he acting up? Did he know if I just found out too?? But wait! I said something about first trimester. He probably heard me, so he probably knows that I know that I'm pregnant and I didn't tell him.

Oh no!

I rushed back into the bedroom but he was already fast asleep or should I say pretending to be asleep. I laid silently by him and wrapped my hands over him.

It's funny how I didn't get an urge to vomit afterwards.

That throw up was a bitch.

Ohkay! So Damien now knows that his wife is pregnant.....

How do you think he'll react??

What will be her excuse??

Will they settle this on time or will they be in for another Gobe.??

I'm not a bad pelson(in Jenifa's voice) but I'm happy Ada lost her child. Who else is happy too?? 😂

Do you think she deserves it??

So  many questions from a short chapter.

Don't forget to vote lovelies...