ELEVEN

As expected, Damien didn't come home last night. I had waited for him in the sitting room and even fell asleep there.

Today is Saturday so I decided to make pancakes for the kids. I connected my phone to the home theater and I played some of our favorite songs while we all sang along with it.

I was still battering the ingredients when Damien came in. Immediately the children rushed to welcome him. He carried Jasmine and held Jason's hand.

"Daddy, Mommy is cooking pancakes." Jasmine told him.

"No she isn't cooking pancakes, she's frying it." Jason argued.

"Cooking." Jasmine shouted not wanting to back down.

"Hold it you too, let's go see mommy first then we can decide what she's doing to the pancakes.." Damien said to settle the two of them from breaking into a quarrel.

"Okay!" Jasmine said in her high octave voice.

"Daddy you promised to take us to the park today." Jason reminded his father, they were so close to the kitchen now. So I turned around and continue to batter the mixture and pretend like I wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation.

"I didn't forget Jason. That's why I'm here."

"Hey, good morning." Damien greeted.

I turned around and plastered the best smile I could on my face.

"Morning, welcome. How was your night?" I asked.

He didn't reply and just cut to the chase.

"I'm taking the kids to the park today." I told me. This is probably the reason he came home.

"I'd love to go with you guys."

"No no" he said in a rush. "I mean you don't have to, I've got it all covered. Just stay home and do what you always do."

"Are you sure you'll be okay with these two naughty kids??"

"Juliet" he called sternly. "I've got it all covered."

"Okay." my heart was breaking inside. "They have to eat first then."

"I'm going to freshen up. Just be fast." he said then left.

"Okay."

Is this really me and Damien? Is this how we are now? Why is he punishing me this hard for a small mistake that he's also guilty of.

I felt tears gather in my eyes. I looked away so he couldn't see them. I blinked and I felt a trickle flow down my chicks.

After making the pancakes, I served for the two kids with a glass of apple juice each. While I also served Damien's own on the dinning.

I walked into our bedroom, he was already dressed in his bright blue T-shirt and Jean trousers. He looked five years younger than his age.

"Your food is ready." I told him calmly.

"Already had breakfast." he answered curtly.

Just then, I couldn't control my outburst. I started to cry. I walked straight to him, put my hands on his then I went down on my knees.

My actions shocked him though because he didn't expect it.

"I'm sorry." I looked up to him but he wasn't looking at me. "I accept, i was wrong. I shouldn't have reacted that way, I should have at least talked to you about everything, I'm sorry for going to Mercy, I believe that... That... you're not.. You're Not.. cheating on me. I just love you too much and I acted on impulse. I don't want anything to come in between us. You're my everything, my father, my husband and my very 1st friend. I love you Damien. I love you so so much. I'm sorry."

Damien bent over and assisted me to stand. He cleaned my tears with his thumbs.

"You just sounded so sincere In your apologies. But I couldn't find sincerity in the part you said you believe I wasn't cheating. You don't just trust me. But it's okay we've been through this before." he said sadly like he was hurting inside.

"Baby... "

"The kids are waiting, we will talk about it when I get back."

"You sure??"

"Yes.." he sounded impatient then walked out of the room..

I will hold on to that. We'll talk when he comes back.

I quickly called Juliana, we're supposed to meet with her wedding planner today in my house to finalize everything since the wedding is less than two weeks away and also to tell her about the latest development on my matter with Damien.

She was happy when I told her. In fact she said she would come over to the house before the appointment time so I could fill her in on some gists.

"Bye mommy, see you." Jason shouted from the front passenger's seat. His father was helping him hook the seatbelt.

"Bye mommy." Jasmine shouted also. She always love to copycat her big brother.

"Bye baby." I blew kisses for her.

After Damien had hooked the strap of her sitter in the back seat, he shut the door and made way to turn to the drivers seat to sit I called him.

"Damien.!"

He stopped abruptly and turned.

"I'll see you! Bye."  with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"Bye" he said and left.

I just have this good feeling that everything will turn out well.

Please don't beat me, I know the chapter is quite short.

I think the reason why Damien is really angry or should I say pissed is not just because his wife does not trust him. It's because he has been condoning all her wrongs and this is the best way to channel all his frustrations. Do you think so too?

What is currently going on in Damien's mind.

Let's wish Juliana a HML in advance. 😘😘

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends.