SEVENTEEN

Hey guys, so sorry this is coming late, I've been trying to update since morning but Glo network nor let me.

When I got home with the kids, Damien was sitting at the sitting room, surfing through television channels.

"Hey babe" I greeted.

"Daddy!" Jasmine shouted the moment she saw her dad.

"How's my little girl doing?" he asked her as he stood up to carry her.

"Good evening sir." Jason greeted with a stone face.

"Why is my champ angry??" he asked to no one in particular.

"I scolded him in the car that's why." I answered.

"Oh Jason, if your mom scolds you, it means that she's correcting you. She loves you and wants you to always be in your best behaviour." He told Jason.

"Yes daddy." Jason replied.

"Chop knuckles Son." Damien told him as they both chopped knuckles.

"Daddy I want to chop konkles too." Jasmine told her dad.

We all burst into laughter.

"Children, I want you to go to your room, drop your bags and make your bed. Then you come out for dinner okay."

"Yes mommy" they both chorused

"Jason hold your sister's hand." I told him as he was walking too fast. "Baby, I'm so sorry. Hope you're not too hungry?"

"I'm hungry. But not too hungry."

"Okay, just give me 15 minutes, it's just to make garri and warm soup."

"Okay. I'll be patient." he said as he sat back on the couch.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to bring out the soup but I couldn't find the freezer plate I kept it.

I heaved a deep sigh. I turned and saw a pot on top of the gas cooker.

But I didn't cook anything before leaving the house.

I walked towards it, its my pot of Banga soup!

Damien!

Next to the Banga soup in the other burner is a bowl Eba.

I walked back into the sitting room.

"Is there something you need to tell me??"

I asked Damien.

"No nothing" he replied. Traces of smile visible on his lips.

"Liar. You already helped me with the food."

"Surprise!" he said dryly. "I was bored so I had to do something with my time." he smiled. "Come here." he said as he held My hand and pulled me to him self.

"Thanks." I appreciated.

"You're welcome my dear wife." he said then planted a wet kiss on my lips. I kissed him back and it lingered on for a while until we heard a song.

"Mommy and daddy! sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Jason and Jasmine sang together.

I immediately pulled away from Damien.

"Sorry" he mouthed to me.

"Where did you learn that song from" I asked them.

"A cartoon." Jason answered. Cartoons of nowadays.

What are they teaching our children?

"Okay, join your daddy to the dinning let me serve dinner."

"Daddy carry me!" Jasmine told her dad raising her hands so he could lift her.

"From here to there?" Jasmine you can walk.

"Carry me! carry me!!" she started to throw tantrums.

"Daddy carry her na." I told Damien jokingly.

Damien lifted her. "This was typical Jason before you came along. You'll start acting matured when you become an elder sister." he muttered.

I looked at him and shake my head before walking into the kitchen.

After dinner, I took the children to their room to bathe them while Damien went to our bedroom to take his bath. They I went to the room afterwards.

"When are you leaving for delta state??"

"On Thursday morning but Julie is going tomorrow." I answered. On Thursday is Juliana traditional marriage. I'll be taking a flight here from Lagos. Everything has been prepared it's just for us to go celebrate and come back on Friday. Damien is not going. He said he'll attend the white here in lag. So he bribed Juliana with honeymoon tickets in Dubai for two weeks. Courtesy of him and his two siblings.

"No problem, since you're going with Jasmine, I'll go home to my mother with Jason. I can't look after him when I'm at work."

"Thanks. Babe. You're the best." I went close to him and kissed him..

"Remember Jide my cousin."

"Yes, the one that his wife is pregnant."

"She gave birth this afternoon. He called me in the office."

"OMG! I'm so happy for them. After so many years."

"He even uploaded the baby's picture on facebook. Come see it." he gestured for me to lay next to him..

"A boy!" I exclaimed when I saw the picture. "He's so cute."

"Yea" Damien answered. "You know I love children, especially new born babies."

I Stood up and collected my towel

"I'm going to take my bath." I told him and walked into the bathroom.

Even without him telling me to my face, i know he's indirectly telling me he wants a baby.

DAMIEN'S POV.

After dropping the children at school, I went straight to the office.

"Good morning sir." someone greeted me the moment I opened the door.

Voice very familiar!

"Mercy?? What are you doing here?" I asked her. She is all dressed for work.

"Sir, I know my resignation was sudden and I know that you understood why I did it. But If you don't mind, I want my job back. I know it's not easy and I'll be fine if you don't want me to work here anymore."

"No no, it's okay. None of it was your fault anyway. I already wrote to the HR department for a new secretary. I'll just retract the letter. But if I may ask, what made you change your mind?"

"Your wife sir. She came to my house yesterday."

"Hmm.. Okay. You'll come into the office later then I'll give you some files to catch up on everything."

"Okay sir. Thanks sir."

Juliet is something else but I love her.

So what do you guys think of this chapter??

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends.